Skye and I had our wedding near my grandparents' house too, in a small wedding venue that had plenty of room for the basketball team, half the soccer team, and everyone's plus ones. Skye's moms had flown in, and my folks were back from their honeymoon. It was a nice and small affair followed by a catered little party in my grandparents back yard. I didn't want them cooking! We even had a little dance floor put down so we could dance, and the two of us twirled in our dresses all night. Yes, I'd taken dance lessons beforehand because I was so bad at dancing! Do you have any idea how hard it was to find a dress for someone over six feet? Yeah, it was a pain. But we made it work, and we were happily married.

With the babies and pregnancies, we didn't travel far the next few years to renew our vows. We'd kept our plans to do it yearly and had done just that on Sanibel Island in Florida, then in New Orleans and then up in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. After I was drafted, we did the same thing on a beach in Malibu, since it was so close. This year was the first time we'd ventured out of the continental US, but the girls were both old enough that we felt more comfortable travelling on a longer flight. In a year or two, we'd go even further abroad, but this was a good start.

We certainly didn't go as far as Tegan.

After the last game, we never saw her again. NC State revoked her scholarship after they couldn't get any top recruits that would want to play with her, plus the issues with the flagrant fouls and suspension leading to their embarrassing loss in the NCAA tournament. I wasn't sure if she even played college ball anymore, but we did hear that she was playing in a women's league in China now after her father had gone to prison for all the things she had tried to help cover up. There were rumors that she might get indicted as an accessory, since the video had her admitting to help keep the witness quiet, so it might have made her leave the country for basketball quicker. I was absolutely fine with her not being around!

She had been an amazing player, but a shitty person, and in my mind, she brought it all on herself.

Isla squirmed in my arms as I kept kissing Skye, who had Lyla hugging her bare leg. Yes, we got married in bikinis and leis on the beach and planned to head right over to a luau for a little party. "I think someone is a little hungry," I giggled into the kiss. "Let's go get some food."

"This never gets old," Skye sighed happily before bending down to pick up Lyla. "Where to next year?"

"Canada maybe?" I suggested. "Leah and Gee loved it up there. I know we want to do Europe, but I'd like the kids to be a little older, so they can remember it a little better." My parents had raved about their trip, and ever since then we'd wanted to go, but we didn't want to rush it.

"Yeah, if we wait till the year after they'll be old enough to enjoy the sights more too," she agreed as we found our seats for the luau.

The little celebration wasn't for us, it was just one we'd found and got tickets for. We didn't need it to be all about us, because we were going to have fun either way. We got to experience the fun of the party and some great food before we went back to the beach to wade in the water with the girls. Yes, they were getting tired, but this way we made sure they were all tuckered out so they could sleep through whatever noise we might make when we consummated our marriage yet again.

We didn't want to scar our poor daughters after all!

The luau was delicious. We had some softer options like poi and sweet potato that we mashed up for Isla, and then Lyla had been brought up sampling all kinds of food and was greedily munching on pretty much everything she could get her little fingers on. Skye and I happily shared messy kisses between bites of pork and tuna while making sure our little ones were eating too. Now that Isla was with us and doing more than breastfeeding it made these meals a fun little experience.

When the meal was done, we went back to the beach, each holding one of the girls as we waded out into the water. It was a gorgeous evening, and the water was at a perfect temperature for swimming. Little waves broke against us, making both girls squeal happily as they splashed. It was our best little renewal yet, and I couldn't wait to do it over and over again with our little family.

"I love you, Skye," I whispered, wrapping my arm around her waist and pulling her into my body."

"I love you too, Reign."

"I love you mama and mommy," Lyla joined in, while Isla kept slapping the waves. She was talking so well now that she was almost four, and on most days was a little chatterbox.

Skye was quiet for a moment before turning to look up at me. "Do you think we can have more?"

I thought about it for a moment, before nodding slowly. "We could adopt, we'd probably be approved. But I don't think we can risk going with a donor again. Its hard not to want more when these two are so good, huh?"

She snorted. "Well, they're good right now, but I remember some rough days when Lyla first learned to walk. But yes, I'd really like to adopt. I don't care if it's a girl or boy, but I love these kids. We could give more of them a good home."

"I guess we're going to make a bigger family then." I leaned in giving Skye a soft kiss, feeling Lyla reach up to hug our necks.

Our life together was just beginning.

***

A/N - And there we go, all wrapped up with a neat little bow. I hoped you enjoyed Flagrant Foul, but this is it for now. Having said that, many of my stories do feature cameos from characters in other books, so it wouldn't show me if you see them again (For instance, if/when I give Zara and Imani a story at some point for the times before Reign and Leah showed up to the team). 

But in the meantime, this is my 14th gxg book (with more gxg short stories in Short Story Soup, and the 15th gxg story will be dropping on April Fools Day 2023), so if you liked this one, feel free to give the others a try too!

Have a wonderful day!

-Loiosh