Chapter 38

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" I asked Skye while we relaxed on the beach. We had a short Christmas break because we'd battled up in Michigan against the Wolverines in a tough win on the 20th, and had to go back home on the 27th so that we could host a game against the Florida State Seminoles on the 29th. That game would be fun, because one of my old teammates, Nadia, was a sophomore for the 'Noles, and it would be nice to see her.

               But in between those games, Skye and I had flown down to Fort Lauderdale to have Christmas in the sun with my mom and Ray. She had just graduated from law school after the fall semester, so she needed the celebration too, and I was more than happy to enjoy warm weather with her. The temperature was in the upper 70s all week, as was the water temperature, and it was a nice break from the chill of North Carolina.

               "Why wouldn't I be okay with it?" she asked, letting sand filter through her fingers. "This weather is gorgeous!" She leaned over and gave me a soft kiss. "Thanks for suggesting this."

               "It isn't exactly a white Christmas," I pointed out. "I thought you might miss the snow."

               "Hey, this is a perfect Christmas. I get to check out my gorgeous girlfriend in a bathing suit, hang out in the sun, go swimming, and explore a new city. This is a great holiday!"

I was the lucky one though, because Skye in a bathing suit was something that should be made into a stunning sculpture, and I got to see her all day long. Unfortunately, everyone else on the beach was checking her out too, and I wanted to take a cocktail fork and stab a few eyes out on guys that were looking at her too much. Luckily, I think my glares might be radioactive, and they kept their distance.

That or our constant kissing let them know she was taken.

My mom loved having us here, and I loved seeing the new ring on her finger. Now that she and my uncle Ray had finally admitted what they had been feeling for years now, it didn't take long before he asked her to marry him. I wasn't sure if they were going to have more kids, or when they might get married, but I was thrilled that they were open about their love now.

It was also easier to talk them into closing the bar early on Christmas Eve and then not open at all on Christmas day. Was I sharing my NIL money to help? Only a little, they refused to take too much, but they weren't too stubborn. Now I just needed to talk them into hiring a few more people, even if only part time, so they could get more time off to spend together.

"I messed up our Christmas plans though. I was supposed to make love to you under the tree on Christmas morning." That was something I'd always wanted to do with a girlfriend, and now that I had the perfect girl to call my own, I wanted it!

"We could still do that!" she ran her fingers along my belly, making my muscles tense under her touch. The fact that she was biting her lip as she did that wasn't helping me not take her right here in the sand. But really, sand? No way. I want that nowhere near any of my orifices!

               "I'd love to, but I don't think my mom and Ray want to come into the room on Christmas morning to find me letting my sexy Mrs. Claus ride my face!"

               Skye fell back onto the sand, laughing uncontrollably, and I rolled over to her, kissing her neck and giggling along with her. "Mrs. Claus huh? Does that mean you're Santa and I get to sit on your lap and tell you what I want?"

               "Maybe if I'm wearing one of those strap ons you can!"

               "Mmmm, I like the sound of that! Ho, ho, ho babe!"

               "Well then we'll have to wait till we get home, we didn't pack any!" We'd thought about it, but I didn't think I needed mom to hear either of us screaming all night. Not that we weren't still having sex, but it was easier to be quiet when both of our mouths were being kept busy at the same time!