Chapter 10

"So how did it go?" Gee asked when I got back to the room.

               I shrugged with a smile. "She didn't say no, and I might have pissed off God. I guess that makes a pretty good day. It is an odd relationship, but I hope it evolves."

               "Then you can help me now!" she said happily.

               "Right! We'll go find you a person too," I promised with a smile. "We need to find a place to go."

               And right on cue, my phone buzzed. To my surprise, it was Leah sending a text.

               Leah – Hey, you up for a party Saturday? Just a cookout, nothing crazy. Need to make more friends!

               I liked the sound of that. A cookout could be fun, and not a normal party scene would be a lot better than the crap that we'd been to before.

               Me - Yeah, send me the info. Can I bring my roomie?

               Leah – Yes! Bring her! We'll have a blast! It is just me and my roomies too, and a few friends. Low key. We'll watch the football game and then have a fun night.

               Me – We'll be there!

               "Gee, we have a cookout on Saturday. One of my teammates is inviting us. Are you up to meet a few people?" We didn't have any other plans so it should be a simple plan.

               "Yep! I'm up for a cookout! Will there be girls?" she looked over at me expectantly.

               "I thought we were looking for a person, now you just want a girl?" She was so confusing to me!

               "Well, I saw your boobs, and I have to find a girl now. Sorry! Hey, at least I stopped calling them knockers!" She had a point, if I never heard them called knockers again, I'd be happy!

               "So, it should be pretty small, but I'm betting there will be girls, because I'm almost certain Leah is into them." I had no idea if she was single though, nor who else would be there.

               "Just as well. The last thing I need while I stretch my little gay wings are too many perches to land on," Gee said with a grin. I liked that. Maybe she could start with some light flirting just to warm up.

               The plan for Saturday was to show up and watch the NC State men's football team play against Duke. It was an away game, or we probably would have been at the stadium, but this way we got to support our college's team while we hung out with fun people. School spirit, am I right?

               Leah was renting a house with five other girls to keep the rent low and it looked like a fun place. I didn't know five girls I could even coexist with yet, but maybe next year that would be a more realistic possibility. Unless Tegan needed a new roomie of course!

               But the house was only a short drive from campus, and on a little cul de sac that backed some woods. I parked out front, already happy to see only a few cars in the driveway instead of the madhouse of the last party we'd been to and walked up to the front door carrying grocery bags with chips and salsa since those are always good for a party. We rang the doorbell, and a short time later Leah answered the door with a smile.

               "Hey! You made it!" she said happily while standing aside to let us come in. "And you brought a cutie with you!" Leah gave Gee a little wink, and the New Yorker's face quickly burned crimson. Leah had the dark skin and hair of a woman with some mixed Hispanic heritage and continual exposure to the summer sun, and her dark eyes sparkled happily as she looked at us with a broad grin.

Flagrant Foul (gxg)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara