THIRTY-TWO

Waking up the next morning, I can immediately feel the slight throbbing in my head. 

Shouldn't have drunk that much. 

As I try to turn around under the covers, my eyes shoot open at the thought of last night. 

I kissed him

I pressed my lips on his. Lando immediately deepened the kiss. It wasn't a hungry kiss, it was loving. Slow and steady, exactly what our relationship wasn't. I moved my lips to his, exploring them for what felt like the first time. It felt normal and safe. But even if I had more than enough to drink, I somehow managed to pull myself from the moment. I close my eyes as our lips part. 

"I'm sorry Lan." I whisper, untangling myself from him and closing the hotel room's door right in front of him.

I let my fingers rest on my lips, savouring last nights memories. I felt great in the moment, but very hesitant too. Resulting in the most stupid action I ever did. Closing the door in front of him. 

And I'm flying with him to London.

I could always go and get on the Eurostar though, no need to get in there. I know Ava's not immediately going to the UK, and if last night is anything to go by Ellis will probably hang out with Martin if that is possible. 

I decide to calm my body a bit by taking a hot shower. The hot beams of water calming my muscles and racing thoughts a bit. After the shower I get dressed in some comfortable clothes, as it's a travel day either way. 

I'm about to put the final things into my suitcase when there's a knock on my door. I've got two heavy suitcases with me, as I'm not stopping in Monaco between now and the Belgian concert. And I'm trying to keep it somewhat organised, although that seems pretty much impossible to do. 

I walk up to the door, opening it and revealing both Lando and Max. "Good morning?" I ask questioningly. 

"Good morning." Max chirps, making his way into my room with Lando trailing behind him. As the two Formula One drivers take a seat on my bed, Lando shoots me an apologetic look. 

"Not to be rude or anything. But what are you doing here?" I ask the boys, Lando just looking around the room doing anything to avoid me really. So I guess that's what we'll be doing from now on. 

"You two left last night and we couldn't find either of you. Just wanted to check in if you're alright." Max says, causing me to raise my eyebrows at him, not buying this story at all. "Fine, you're flying with me to the UK. We're here to pick you up." 

I sigh, there goes my plan for taking the Eurostar. "That were plans made when we were still together. I can arrange my own transportation." 

It's the first time since they sat down that Lando looks up at me. A sad expression on his face, it hurts me to see him like this. Max must've noticed too, as he grabs my arm and pulls me into the bathroom. 

"I don't know what happened yesterday, but the two of you are both coming on my plane. It's only an hour. Talk if you want or need, but I'm not letting you take the train. You two are still so very much in love, I don't understand how you're still not together anymore. And I'm playing match maker here if I need to." 

"I kissed him." I blurt, Max looking at me in surprise. "And then slammed the door in his face." 

"You're fucking stupid." Max laughs shaking his head. 

"Like I didn't know." I whisper yell, my hands making big gestures in the moment. 

"But now I know this, you're definitely coming on my plane." Max says, before opening the door to the bathroom letting me out again. 

Max and Lando both stayed as I packed the final things. Lando insisting he'd take one of the suitcases as we ride the elevator to the lobby. Tension think, and judging by Max's sarcastic comments he is very much sensing it too. 

There's a taxi waiting for us in front of the hotel, Max and Lando's suitcases already in there. As the driver takes us to the airport, I check my inbox for the hotel reservation. To my relief there's one, as I wasn't sure what I had said to Ava about this. While Lando and I were still together, I was supposed to stay at his until Friday, the night before the concert. But I'm not doing that now. 

'I arranged a driver for you to pick you up at the airport.' 

-Ava 

I smile at the text message, as that's the final part I still had to figure out. Although I'm sure either of the boys in this taxi would've made sure I got to the hotel safely. 

As soon as we boarded Max's plane, he announced that he was going to use the simulator he had newly installed. And that we were free to do whatever. It was his way of giving us as much privacy as possible on the aircraft. I was thankful for it, because the tension I was feeling wasn't good. 

Lando and I both took a seat so that we were facing each other. The both of us lapsing into silence. "I'm sorry." I say as the silence is getting to me, while the plane is taking off. 

"Sorry for what?" Lando asks defensively. 

"Sorry for slamming the door in your face." I tell him. 

"Not about what happened before that?" He asks, his eyebrows raised to confirm the surprise he got from my answer. 

"No, I kinda wanted that to happen." I admit, fumbling with my hands. It's the biggest confession of my feelings after the break up, I've given him and it makes me nervous. 

"I wanted it to happen too." He says, trying to ease my nerves, as he takes one of my hands in his. Tracing circles on it with his hand in a soothing manner.

I shoot him a small smile. "I don't think we can not be together." I admit. "You're all I keep thinking about." Lando looks up at me, the confession I've given him making his thoughts go crazy. He pats the seat next to him, for me to sit on and I do so. 

His arm moves around my shoulders, pulling me slightly into him. "I don't think either. But I know that we're not ready for us to be in the spotlights again. It's not just you." He whispers as he places a small kiss on my head. 

"I don't want us to move too fast this time." I admit. 

"We won't." He answers. "Let me take you out somewhere this week. A proper date." 

"How do we go from taking it slow to going on a date." I chuckle. 

"Hey, that's what normal couples do right? They date." Lando says defensively, causing me to look up at him smiling. "Are you visiting the Quadrant headquarters this week?" He asks after we just sat cuddling for a bit. 

"I am. Maria asked me to come and join for a video. So I'll be there on Wednesday. And I've got rehearsals on Friday with a concert on Saturday and Sunday." I explain my itinerary to him. 

"I'll be at the headquarters too on Wednesday. So can I take you out on Thursday then, I kinda need to be at the factory tomorrow for debrief?"  Lando says reading his plans from his phone's calendar. 

"I'd love that." I say smiling at him, as I can feel the plane descending. I quickly look back to see Max still focussed on the simulator. I quickly press a short peck on Lando's lips, before taking the seat across from him again. "This stay between us." I tell him, just before Max shuts of his simulator and sits down with us for the landing.