TWELVE

"Have you seen my hoodie?" Lando asks as he is walking through his apartment frantically on Friday morning, shirtless might I add. We ended up going here on Wednesday as Lando preferred to be in his own house for the Grand Prix. Which is totally understandable. 

"The new Quadrant one?" I ask, not sure to which of is thousand hoodies was referring. I still wonder why someone would need so many different hoodies, but he does look good in them.

"Yeah, the light green one." He says, clarifying it for me.

"It's in your game room, where you put all the new merch." I tell him simply. The new merch is supposed to drop on Wednesday, and Lando wanted to use this weekend to show some pieces off. I was already wearing a white and purple tee from the same collection, adding a leather jacket over it, as it wasn't that warm in Monaco today. And I could always discard the jacket if I felt like just wearing the shirt.

"Thank god, I got you, because I would be a mess else." He says coming out of his game room, while pulling the hoodie over his head.

"Yeah, you'd be entering the paddock without a shirt on for example." I chuckle. "Millions of girls would love that to be honest. And so do I."

Lando just looks at me in disbelief. "Where did that come from?" He asks, as it's not usually a comment I would make.

"Dunno, just something I felt like saying." I say, grabbing my phone and paddock pass before placing a quick kiss on his lips. "Ready to go?" I ask, hoping the small kiss will calm Lando down a bit.

"Let's go." He says taking my hand in his as we drive towards the circuit. Even if it isn't that far away, we would be stopped by fans all the time today and we wouldn't make it in time.

As Lando's driving through the Monaco streets, I can sense him getting more and more anxious. "Are you okay?" I ask him, as he's now tapping the steering wheel in a way that must be stress relieve.

"Yeah fine." He says staying focussed on the road.

"Lando pull over." I say, knowing very well he's not fine and his hyper focus is not doing anyone a favour. Luckily for me he does as I instruct. "Now let's switch sides, you go sit and I'll drive." I tell him as and he almost automatically does so.

I turn onto the road again driving to the drivers parking lot. "Now tell me what's bothering you. Because I'm not letting you get into the car else." I say as we are nearing the track.

"I can't." Lando says. "It's stupid."

"Nothing that you are feeling is stupid." I say, driving onto the parking lot, being guided to a free spot.

"It is, this is." He says, getting immediately out of the car as I park. I just follow him, past the fans. Something Lando would never do, it's not often he'd just not spend any time with his fans.

Lando enters the McLaren motorhome immediately and making his way to his driver room, before slamming the door in my face. "LANDO NORRIS! LET ME IN." I yell, knocking on the door, but he doesn't budge. I however am not planning on letting this go.

I make my way to the McLaren garage, very much aware that there must be someone there that can help me. Somehow the first person I bump into is Zak Brown, I wasn't planning on going up that high just to make Lando open the door.

"Aimee, you're early. Is Lando with you?" Zak asks.

"Yeah, he's just in the motor home. I decided to go check if there's anyone in the garage I could talk with or something." I say, trying to cover for the fact that his star driver was seeming a bit off today.

"Good, I can tell Lando enjoys having you around. Take care okay?" He says before walking off. I sigh in relief that I was able to get out of this one. But I also realise that the person capable of helping me was probably not in this garage.