EIGHT

"I just wish the media would just keep us separated while we are doing our jobs." Lando sighs on Friday evening during our daily FaceTime call. I just got back to the hotel after today's concert, while Lando just finished his first day of the race weekend in Imola. Since yesterday the both of us got multiple questions about me firing Danny and Ilias. Which I was somewhat fine with, because it were my actions. But they shouldn't have to bother Lando with the same questions, yet they do.

"It's just annoying that they think you influenced the decision or that you are going to give them different details than I am giving out." I tell him, Lando humming in agreement. "But enough about them, tell me how practice went." I change the subject, not wanting to dwell on it for any longer.

"It went well, the car felt really fast. To be honest I think this could be it." Lando says, referring to a possible race win. He is still awaiting his first race win, and we have spoken about it a lot. Because it is something that is really bugging him. He's really craving that first win, which makes him a bit unfocussed every now and then. 

"That good. Keep your head on right!" I tell him smiling.

"I'm just sad you can't be here." He says referring to the fact that I had told him I had to do interviews on Sunday, because we ended up cancelling some yesterday.

"Me too." I say, trying to look a little sad. But I already know, I will be there cheering him on during the race. This week it's my time to work around some things, to make sure we keep on supporting each other.

"So tell me, how did the concert go?" Lando asks switching subjects once again.

"It went great, well there were some misplacements, but in general it went good. As good as we could get it after just one day of rehearsals." I admit, thinking about the time that I almost bumped into Evi and Ellis who were busy switching places.

"That's good, and the atmosphere? Has it improved?"

"It has, at least I hope so but we will have to find that out." I admit. "But you should go now, dinner with Pierre, Charles and Max sounds like fun." I tell him referring to the plans he told me about earlier.

"It will be alright." He says, "and yes I should go, have a good night. I'll speak to you tomorrow." He says blowing a little kiss to the screen of his phone, me acting like I catch it, pressing the hand I caught it with against my heart.

After finishing my call with Lando, I notice a message from Charlotte on my phone. We had gotten a bit estranged over the past months as I had been travelling a lot and she had spend her time in Monaco mostly. Especially after she and Charles broke up, it was just a bit more difficult to keep up with each other.

You don't happen to have a ticket for tomorrows concert for me?

I can't help but feel a smile creep up on my face. I would like it a lot if Charlotte decided to show up.

I do! Want to come :)

It doesn't take her long to answer.

Definitely!

The next morning I feel energized again. So ready to get this day over with. Actually excited to surprise Lando tomorrow.

I go through the my morning routine, getting ready to get to the arena early. Just so we can get an extra rehearsal in today, before the concert. Making sure that we will be as flawless as possible. I also make sure that I text Charlotte that I'm already going to the arena, so she is welcome to come and join.