THIRTY-ONE

Ellis and I look around the packed club. Max knows way too many people in this tiny country. 

"Drinks?" I ask, not waiting for Ellis to answer and dragging her towards the bar. If she wants anything to happen, she needs to be intoxicated. And with our drinks last night and on the stands, I know it won't take much for her to gain confidence through the alcohol in her body. 

"Shots." I laugh at her stupid answer, but agree anyway. 

We order some kind of sweet shot of which I don't know the name, ticking it backwards before ordering some kind of mix drink for both of us. "Let's go dance." I say, holding my drink in one hand and dragging Ellis to the dance floor with the other. 

I easily locate Charles, Carlos, Max, Isa and Kelly on the dance floor. Guiding myself and Ellis to them, before starting a bit of chit chat while dancing. I know I've got many eyes on me as we dance, after the break up I've not necessarily belonged in this group of people. I don't care about the stares though. I'm happy here with this group, these people have not let me down. And I'm here to repay the favour. Supporting each and everyone in their careers. 

"Everybody, give it up for Lando!" Martin's voice sounds over the speaker, causing goosebumps to appear all over my body. I turn my body to see the stage, Lando at the DJ booth, while Martin leaves him there. 

I find myself even more intoxicated by the music, and his appearance. The drinks that I consumed today making my mind a bit foggy. I still stay with the group, dancing around as Isa hands me another Mojito. We don't really talk anymore, just moving around as we enjoy the music. I find myself looking at Lando every so often, causing me to receive nudges from both Ellis and Isa. 

"I'll be back." Ellis says, turning around and walking away. I notice Martin standing in the crowd, right in the direction Ellis is walking toward. She's definitely going to try and take her shot. 

"You know, he's still very fond of you." Isa whispers in my ear, once my eyes land on Lando again. 

"I know." I whisper back, although I'm not sure if it would be a whisper when there isn't so much noise around you. "I'm scared." I admit to Isa, who immediately shoots me an apologetic look. 

We avoid the topic, until Martin takes over from Lando again. Somewhere in the exchange, I notice how Martin points in our direction and then whispers something in his ear. Lando just nods, as we manage to make eye contact. Time seems to slow down, as Lando shoots me a smile. I barely notice the reappearance of Ellis, until she squeezes my hand. 

"You guys will be okay." She says, a cheeky grin on her face. 

"Like you and Martin?" I ask with my eyebrows raised. 

"Oh we're more than okay." She chuckles as I shake my head in disgust. 

It doesn't take long for Lando to find our group in the crowd. Everyone pretty much still buzzing with the amazing set he just played. It's one of the many things he loves, and I can tell he's actually getting better even if he doesn't have that many chances to do it. 

Lando has greeted pretty much everyone in the group, except for me. Although, his way of greeting was definitely unexpected. Everyone else got either a small nod or hand shake. But as soon as Lando lays his eyes on mine he engulfs me in a hug. 

"I'm happy you're here." He whispers in my ear, as he holds me tight. I can feel butterflies going crazy in my stomach as it takes all I've got not to kiss him right here. 

"I'm happy I'm here too." I laugh at how silly I must sound, the alcohol talking more than my brain is right now. Lando shoots me a smile, before standing next to me opening the two of us up to the rest of the group.