Episode 69 "The Goop on the Girl" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Booth looks at Temp, "What do you mean? You're all very beautiful." I turn pink, "Thanks..." Margaret then says, "Beauty and folly are old companions." Temp then says, "Told you." I could see Booths confusion as I tell him, "Benjamin Franklin." He nods understanding, "Right. Right. Hey, hey. Good old Ben. You know, he invented electricity and the hundred-dollar bill." Temp and I looked at him confused as Margaret says, "Neither one of those things is true." "You're right. There's no resemblance whatsoever. Nice meeting you, Maggie." I escort him out of the door as Temp says, "Bye, Booth." I add, "Bye, Ranger." "See ya." He leaves as I close the door as Temp says, "Uh, that's our partner. He's F.B.I." Margaret then says, "His eyes are too small to be really handsome." I try not to laugh as Temp says, "Well, I have to admit, I find him pleasing to look at." I then say, "Don't worry he's not my type either." They look at me as Temp asks, "What's your type?" I give her a silly smile, "Of course my type would be my boyfriend." Temp just nods as Margaret says nothing.

Temp and I are back in the lab in the bone examination room as Daisy explains, "I found this in the area of the right articular capsule. It's a puncture mark, like you would get from a deep needle jab." Temp then says, "Well, perhaps it's where the bomber injected himself with propranolol." I then say, "Sure, but it's unlikely someone would inject themselves deep enough to strike bone." Daisy nods, "Exactly. So, I reviewed the X-rays..." We look at the screen showing the x-rays, "of the right scapula and hand. Look at the extensor facet of the glenoid cavity... and the bilateral asymmetry of the second metacarpal." Temp says, "Indicative of pronounced right-handedness." I nod, "He couldn't have injected himself in the right arm." Hodgins then comes in, "Venus, Dr. B. I.D.'d the fragment of wire we got out of his rib. Booth's gonna wanna hear this." We follow him to Temps office as we had called Booth up as Hodgins explains it to him. Booth then says, "So someone else injected Santa with the propranolol." I nod as Temp says, "Evidently." Hodgins adds, "And the wire in his rib was triple heat-treated boron-manganese steel." "Is that what they used to wire the tubes of the explosive together?" I then say, "No. It's a patented form of steel used exclusively in high-end bike locks. It wasn't part of the bomb." Temp adds, "It was what locked Holden Chevaleer into the bomb. Someone locked him into the vest, dressed him like Santa, and then forced him to rob the bank." I then think, "Wait a second... Ranger, Patsy." It seems he realizes as well, "Right. That's why he said what he said. 'I just answered the call." I nod, "The guy's an exterminator. He meant 'the call' literally." Temp sighs, "He answered a service call."

I nod as Booth says, "Only his customers locked him into a bomb and made him rob a bank." I then say, "This is not good." Temp asks, "Why?" "Because whoever strapped Holden into the bomb didn't get what they wanted." Booth nods, "What if they try again?" Next thing I know I am at Hodgins workspace finishing the final touches of recreating the bomb after some convincing from Hodgins himself as he was the one strapped onto it. We then hear Cam coming in, "Hodgins?" We both stop turning to her as Angie was there as well as Cam looks shocked as Hodgins says, "Hey. Uh, you look irked." "Uh-" Angie then says, "She's mad about the soap." Cam then say to us, "You're analysis of the emulsion bomb included detergent." Angie then says, "You convinced Venus to re-create the bomb, did you?" "Oh, my God." I then say, "It looks nice huh?" Hodgins nods, "It looks fantastic, plus we needed to do this so Angela could re-create the explosion." Cam looks at Angie, "You told him that?" "Don't let him turn this around on me." Cam looks at us, "I do not want an explosive device in my lab." I nod, "Me either, but don't worry. I didn't connect the initiator." I then cut a yellow wire making Cam freak out as she says, "No!" I add not really aware of the mood Cam is letting off as I continue, "It's safe." Cam notice something about the device, "What's that?" I look at her pointing to my fingers that had some substance on it as I answer, "It's antimony sulfide. It's fine on it's own. Perfectly harmless even though I wished I could've used gloves making it. But either way the bomber used it in the detonating charge."