vegas baby

*Luisa*

It had been a stupid idea, but it was also kind of perfect.

Once you've been to Vegas.

Max smiled before holding out his arm to me. Carola stroked my hair once more, then the doors to the wedding chapel were opened.

Sebastian beamed at the other end of the aisle, while first Carola entered the small chapel with Checo, and then Max walked in with me.

"Excited?" my best friend whispered.

I shook my head "I know what I'm getting myself into.".

The small chapel was packed with all the people who had been with us through the first season, all our friends and our families.

It wasn't really a wedding. It was more symbolic. But when Seb had asked me after the race, in the parc fermé, if I would marry him today in Vegas, I had hardly been able to say no. I had not been prepared for it.

I hadn't been prepared for it, neither had he, but somehow it suited us. When had anything ever gone according to plan or quietly with us?

The fact that now an Elvis imitator married us was only the crowning of the whole thing.

But it was good the way it was.

Max took my hand from his arm and held it out to Seb, "Just take good care of her. We all know where you work, my friend.", he said with a grin, but was quite serious.

"I will.", Seb promised and closed his hand around mine.

I was just endlessly in love with him. No matter how much we fought on the track, no one could take away what we had.

He started to grin broadly "You'll get new monikers if your name is Vettel now," he said.

"I'm sure the FIA will be pleased," I nodded.

"LVE maybe?" he suggested.

"Maybe I'll keep MAR, too. Nothing is official here yet, after all."

He grinned even wider "Believe me, as soon as we get to Monaco, I'll drag you to the registry office right away. I'm not waiting now."

"Can we get started?" the Elvis impersonator asked, I turned to him and nodded.

I could hardly wait.

I could hardly wait for our lives.

I'm sure it wouldn't always be easy, but I knew I could count on him. Always.

And he could count on me.

We had already talked about how things would go, considering that we both wanted to fight for titles.

We would stay fair, but also not back down from each other.

If it was up to Sebastian, I wouldn't be driving next season anyway, because by then he would have made me a child long ago. We didn't quite agree on that yet, but I was sure we'd find a solution for that, too.

He intertwined his fingers with mine while the Elvis sang his rehearsed lyrics for us.

It was the craziest wedding I had ever seen. It didn't matter. Everything had been kind of crazy. From the beginning to the end.

Which this was definitely not the end of.

We'd keep racing for titles, for victories, and maybe one day I'd have a mini-copy of Sebastian and me inside of me. But not now.

Right now, I just wanted to live.

With him.

And burn, for the rest of our lives.