boiling blood

*Sebastian*

She was driving like a madwoman. I could literally feel her anger.

Nothing threw her back and I really had problems defending myself against her.

Whatever had gotten into her, it was like the devil himself was chasing me. I had no chance to attack forward, because my gaze was constantly going backward. She was like my shadow. I had no idea how she did it.

After all, she was constantly driving in my dirty air and had to wreck her tires so badly that she couldn't keep it up forever. Nevertheless, I was the first to be called to the pits. I didn't understand why until I pulled into the pits. They had called her to the pits as well and now she had to wait. I'm sure they did that to give me a head start. She would cook and it wasn't a fair decision, but it gave me a chance to get a head start. The lead I so desperately needed to keep fighting my way to the front.

I really wanted to win.

Baku was one of my favorite races. I liked the track and I would not give in. Not for her and not for anyone else. After the pit stop, I pushed inexorably to the front. In fact, if I didn't feel her breath on my neck, it was pretty easy.

This car was a real beast. No one had expected it. No one.

They had wanted to make us a PR team, that had been clear to me when I had signed on. But my love for racing was far from over and I wasn't old news yet. Driving once again for my first love in Formula 1 had been a nice incentive for me. But I had known that they counted me rather to the old iron and with a woman in the team had been clear to me then, for which they had hired us.

But we were both far too stubborn to just smile for the camera. And we had the car so well under control that no one could fool us so quickly.

We were a serious competitor. Even for the Red Bull team.

There were already rumors that things were bubbling up at management level because we were doing so well.

Good thing. They would realize who they had been trying to use for themselves.

But I had obviously messed with the wrong person, because soon I could see the dark blue car behind me again. I didn't know how she had made it so far ahead. Her pace this weekend was incredible. I didn't know where else she was getting it from. But she was getting close to me again. It was almost impossible to defend myself against her permanently.

Still, I tried and made up some ground, which allowed me to attack Lewis in front of me.

I pushed past him into third place and then she came shooting out of my slipstream and got in front of me.

I hadn't even noticed through the battle with Lewis that she had stuck so close behind me. It had been a smart maneuver. She had basically gained two places without having to make much of an effort. Now she was driving in third place and I had fallen back to fourth.

Not with me.

I immediately attacked her again. I would get the place back. But she fought like a fucking lion to defend the place. She threw everything she had at me. It made me increasingly angry. I became more careless.

If she wanted it hard, she would get it hard.

I no longer took into consideration that we were a team and could use the points well.

I wanted that podium. ME, not her.

Again and again I attacked her hard, but she managed to stand up to me for a long time.

At some point I got into a good position to overtake her. I tried to push next to her, but she pulled over hard.

"What the hell is wrong with her?", I growled into the radio.