care

I would love to dedicate this chapter to mscsebi. Thank you so much for the inspiration and the kind words of support! I hope you (and everyone else of course) enjoy this chapter as much as I did while writing it.

*Luisa*

I winced when I heard the loud knock on my room door. It took me a moment to realize where I was.

The bed next to me was still empty.

Why didn't Phil just use the stupid room card?

Completely overtired, I pushed myself up out of bed and staggered to the room door. All I wanted to do was sleep.

When I opened it, it wasn't my fiancé who rushed in, but Sebastian. My eyes had been only half-opened, but when I recognized him and saw what he looked like, I wrenched my eyes open.

"I didn't know where else to go," he grumbled, seeming to count that as an excuse.

He was bleeding and looked pretty crappy as he staggered past me. My brain absolutely did not understand what was happening.

I followed him until he sat down on my bed "Where is he?" he glanced over his shoulder.

"Celebrating. What happened to you?"

"Hit me. Why did he go out without you?"

"Because I wanted to sleep. Shit, with who? A bus?".

He laughed tiredly "If you were my girlfriend, I wouldn't have gone anywhere without you. I would have gone to the hotel with you and...I would have finished it. No. Some guy. He was full of shit. I couldn't leave it like that.".

I passed over his comment. So he had quite possibly heard us last night.

"Fuck Sebastian, that looks really bad. You should get a doctor or something to look at that," I stopped a step in front of him.

"Do I hear concern there, Mäuschen?"

"Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"I don't like it when you call me that. And someone should really look at that."

"Nonsense. It'll go away. I just need sleep.", he slumped backwards.

"Sebastian!", I nervously rocked from one foot to the other.

He only responded with a grumble. I took a breath and then ran my hand over my face.

"At least let me clean the wounds. If this gets infected it really wouldn't be good and...", he sat up again.

"You're really worried.", he stated.

I nodded. There it was again, that smug grin.

God how I hated him for that. Still, I went to the bathroom now, filled the toothbrush cup with water, grabbed a clean towel and the Band-Aids from my cosmetic bag, then went back to him. I pulled the chair up to the bed, deposited everything on it, and then sat down next to him.

I dipped the corner of the towel into the water and then carefully began to wash the blood from his face.

We had never been so close without both exploding. His gaze was fixed on me as I tried not to think too much about what was happening.

I was careful and after wiping the coarsest blood from his face, I took his hands in mine and cleaned the knuckles.

"Did you at least win?", I asked, looking up.

"You can look at it either way. I made my point pretty clear, though, I think," he replied.

I wanted to let go of his hand to reach for the Band-Aids, but he held my hand tightly. His fingers stroked my palm before he intertwined our fingers together. I let him, but looked at him in confusion.