never let her down

*Sebastian*

"What?", it was quite loud and I hadn't understood a word.

I turned away from my companion, but she grabbed my cell phone laughing and before I could hear what Luisa was about to tell me, my cell phone fell to the floor clattering

I bent down for it, only to find that it was broken.

"Sorry Seb.", Steffi hunched her shoulders.

I panted and shoved the broken phone into my back pocket before heading for the cabs. I would drive to the hotel and talk to her. After all, if she was already calling, she seemed to want to work something out. Or else the longing was great enough. I was honestly fine with either. I just wanted to go to her, because no matter how many times she sent me away, I would always run to her again. All fighting on the track, every arrogant word, they all had only one goal and that was to make her so angry that she talked to me. I just wanted her in my life.

Forever.

"I have to go check on her," I muttered, leaving Steffi standing there.

I made my way to the cabs. I had hardly noticed how crowded the place was tonight. My eyes had just been glued to her. I had only wanted to talk to her. I had only wanted to see her.

But now I realized how crowded it was and it took me an eternity to push my way through the people, waving everyone away with apologetic words. I had no time for anyone. I finally reached the cabs and took the first one that came along.

I dropped into the seat, told the driver the address and closed my eyes. I had to think about her. Who else could I think of? Not only did I own her thoughts, but by now she was my every thought. I always had to think of her. No matter what I did. And shit we had had good moments together.

So much more than just sex.

She had trusted me so deeply and I had fucked up because I hadn't gotten it together to tell her I was going to Ferrari. It had been stupid and it should have been obvious to me, but I hadn't wanted to see it. If I had just been honest about the change, it would have made so many things easier. Above all, she would have been here with me now and I wouldn't have had to run after her like a dog.

It didn't suit me at all that I did that.

I never really ran after anyone.

But she was worth it.

She was worth every risk I took. I would have risked anything for her.

She was the one for me, I was sure of it.

She could stand up to me, wasn't afraid to compete with me, and most of all, she understood why I loved Formula 1 so much, because she felt the same.

She was passionate in every way, indomitable. But when she was with me, she could also be very gentle, devoted, vulnerable.

I had seen everything from her.

I opened my eyes when I noticed blue lights. An ambulance and the police shot past us in opposite directions.

I closed my eyes again.

I wouldn't leave again until she was mine. And this time, I wouldn't keep it a secret. We hadn't really last time either, but this time I would rub it in everyone's face. I wouldn't let anyone else think they had even the slightest chance with her again.

We reached the hotel. I paid the cab driver and then made my way to the lobby. I had no idea what room number she had, so I went straight to the front desk and leaned in with a friendly smile to the young woman sitting behind the counter.