until the end

*Luisa*

Seb was very careful while he undressed me completely and then dried me off.

I hadn't noticed the cuts until I was in the shower. Somewhere between the moment Max had crashed into the wall and the moment I had fallen into Seb's arms, I must have hurt myself. It was unsurprising given the many carbon parts that had been at the scene of the accident.

But I did not remember it.

Inside me, everything was empty and silent. Except for the panicked fear that choked my throat.

I wrapped my arms around Seb's neck and pressed against him. He was the only support I had right now. If he hadn't been there, I would have gone crazy.

Gently, he put his arms around my back.

I felt so infinitely close to him. He caught me.

Tired, I let my head fall on his shoulder. I had been in a few accidents myself, but I had never felt such fear. Yet now I couldn't shake it.

When my cell phone vibrated, I winced.

Seb handed me my phone, wordlessly, but immediately pulled my back against his chest.

Jos Verstappen: Please come to the hospital

That was all he had written. I immediately started shaking again.

"Do you want me to come with you?" asked Seb calmly, I immediately started nodding.

"If it's ok with you.", we hadn't talked about what we were and somehow it felt so strangely official.

"Of course.", he whispered and kissed the back of my neck.

"Will you stay with me?", I asked.

I felt him nod "I won't leave you alone. Never again." he promised and I trembled under that promise.

I had accomplished so much in my life alone, struggled so many times alone. His promise was incredibly reassuring.

"Come on, I'll help you get dressed." his fingers stroked my back "And then we'll go."

"Thank you Seb.", I whispered.

He just pressed a warm kiss to the back of my head, then continued to dry me off.

I changed, then Seb and I and made our way to the hospital. My heart raced and my throat tightened again. No matter how much Seb tried to calm me by holding my hand. I felt sick when we entered the hospital.

Seb immediately let go of my hand. Jos seemed to be waiting for me already. His expression was tense.

"There you are. Finally. Max is already waiting for you."

"He's okay?" tears immediately welled up in my eyes.

"Yes, according to the circumstances.", he nodded, briefly "But Max really wants to talk to you.".

Now I felt sick to my stomach.

He must have been incredibly angry. It was my fault. My fault alone. If I hadn't chased him like that....

My hand shook and immediately Seb was back. His hand slid into mine, his chest pressed against my shoulder. He would not leave me alone. He would never leave me alone.

We entered the room and Max's lips immediately slipped into a relieved smile.

He spread his arms. Relief rushed through my body.

I fell into his arms crying and felt him squeeze me.

"Are you okay? I was worried," he whispered.

"You were worried? I thought you'd never answer me again," I sobbed against his shoulder.