what if I lose him?

*Sebastian*

Monaco was a bloody rain battle. It poured like cats and dogs all weekend and the already difficult Monaco track became even more difficult. Max shone, as one of the best rain drivers. He shot through the streets without fear. But he was not the only one who showed no fear.

Luisa was in no way inferior to him. She drove maneuvers that made my heart stop. A bit tired of life, even. But these narrow stretches suited her. Baku had already been her thing. And so she and Max were fighting in a completely different league, while the rest of us were just trying not to fly off the track.

If she kept it up, she'd either come out a big winner or hit the nearest wall. Maybe it was a little bit my fault, too. I had gotten her hot for the win. Even hotter than she had already been. She wanted it so badly. But today she didn't have to drive like she had nothing to lose!

"Sebastian, red flag. You have to pit.", my pulse immediately shot up "An accident. Looks bad.", my head shut down.

"Luisa?", I asked breathlessly, almost losing control of my car.

"No, she's fine. Surprisingly enough. She and Max are really a different bread today.".

I breathed a sigh of relief "But since when do you care about her? I thought you wanted to beat her.", Marc laughed.

"I still do!", I growled "But I'm not tired of living. And after all, she's my teammate."

"Weren't you the one who told her that on the track it's every man for himself?"

"I was, and I still think so, but...", I had to search for the right words for a moment "... for her to have an accident, I still don't want it.".

"You care.", Marc laughed "How sweet. Does she know that?", I didn't answer.

"Well, come into the box. We'll wait for you here. And Luisa is also... shit.", the radio snapped off as I slowly drove towards the pits.

"What's going on?", I asked back.

No answer.

"Hello, can someone please talk to me?", my voice was a mixture of strained and angry that I was being put on the spot like this.

I pulled into the stall and could see that she wasn't there yet. A chill immediately ran down my spine. I would have loved to jump out of the car immediately to see what had happened, but I had to remain seated while a tent was erected above me.

I held the steering wheel convulsively until I was finally allowed to get out. Immediately, I yanked the steering wheel out of its mount, jumped out of my car, and hooked it back up before sprinting to the command post.

"What happened?", I gasped so breathlessly that I wasn't even sure if Marc had heard me.

But he nodded in the direction of some camera images he had come to see. I saw a field of debris. It was at least parts of two cars, if not more. My heart skipped a beat.

Some marshals were already running around the scene of the accident. But my eyes were only looking for the dark blue of her car. My eyes searched for her and I realized in one fell swoop how deep I was in this.

If I lost her I would never be able to cope.

If anything happened to her, whoever was responsible for the accident, I would drag across the pit lane.

I didn't give a shit that it was somehow our occupational hazard that something happened to us.

If something happened to her, I wouldn't stay calm.

I would freak out.

But most of all, I wouldn't be able to stand it. If she was gone. If she was just gone...