teamorder

*Luisa*

After Baku, we went straight to Miami.

I was boiling with anger after what had happened in Baku. Not only had I not been able to finish the race because Yuki had hit me in the back during the duel with Sebastian, but he had also started to argue with Phil and that was where the fun stopped for me.

Our fight was one thing. That we fought each other to the death on the track was all well and good. But he had no right to drag Phil into it.

He and Oscar continued to accompany me. They worked from the road.

Phil was doing this to control me and it was additionally pulling on my nerves. Not that I had anything in mind to do that I would have regretted, but being under constant observation didn't make it any easier for me.

I was already under observation anyway.

In Baku, I had indirectly disobeyed team orders. That hadn't gone down particularly well. But I had been faster. So why should I have driven behind Sebastian?

The third place he had taken, the team's first podium, that should have been mine! It had been my place. I had been faster than him. And if Yuki hadn't driven into the back of me, I would have been completely ahead of him. Who knew how far I would have made it to the front?

However, there had been no enthusiasm in the pit about the fact that I had had another accident. I knew they were watching me and if I didn't keep my feet still slowly, it could be over for me sooner than I would have liked.

Red Bull had a good youth academy and I was sure they could replace me faster than I would have liked.

So I would have to keep my head down for a while. Even though I had no intention of giving in on the track. Only if it would come to such a wheel to wheel thing again, I would pull back. I couldn't afford to lose my team. And I couldn't afford another crash. I would lose points every time. Points that I needed so much in order not to lose the connection in the fight for good positions.

I was stubborn, but not an idiot.

Still, I didn't pull back in Miami and tamed the beast I had under me. I loved this car so much.

It seemed like it was made just for me. As if we had always belonged together. United in speed.

God I loved shooting around the track in it. I loved how much the others expected me to fail, but I didn't. I knew how to tame the beast and I knew I was damn good at it.

But I also knew that I wasn't just making friends with my kind. I just didn't pull back.

Fernando Alonso was more than just annoyed with me by now. He had already said it in a few interviews and Max was also withdrawing more and more from me. It hurt. But if he couldn't handle the fact that I was just as ambitious as he was, then that was his problem, not mine. I wouldn't give up. Not until I was at the top. I was here to win. Not to watch.

I shot around the Miami track and took the last corner of qualifying extra tight without going over the track limit. I crossed the finish line. I was breathing heavily. I knew it had been a good time.

"What position?", I just didn't know how good.

"Fuck.", Leo replied.

Was that good? Was that bad?

"What?", I asked, a little annoyed.

"That was the pole position. You'll start from first place tomorrow," his voice rolled over. Pure relief rushed through me.

"Yes!", I hissed into the radio and clenched my hand into a fist.

I wasn't going to let him take that away from me. This was my pole and fuck I would defend first place with everything I had. If they should come after all. This was my first place.