~20

⚔️ Landon ⚔️

That last knock on my door was the last straw. I groaned with irritation running through my body and threw my comforter off my body. Who in their right mind would be up at this time?

I walked to the door and opened it, seeing one of the maids on the other side with a bed tray table. Oh I forgot that they have to be up at this time.

"Good morning your highness." She curtsy with a smile. I'm pretty sure it's fake so she wouldn't get in trouble. So I gave a fake smile back. "Is there anywhere you would like for me to set your breakfast down?"

"No. I would gladly take it thank you..." I trailed off, as she caught on that I wanted her name.

"Oh! My name is Lya Durand Prince Landon." She curtsy, looking down at the ground.

"Lya? You have permission to look up at all times." She picked her up with a confused look, but I just gave her a smile letting her know I'm nothing like the other monarchs she's probably had to deal with.

Lya looks over at my appearance, noticing that I'm not wearing too much clothing. She looked away with a smile from seeing my appearance.

She looks back at me and nods with a real smile coming onto her face, curtsying once more before she scurried to do her duties. I walked to my bed, putting my bed tray on the end table. I grabbed a piece of toast before another knock sounded on my door.

I groaned once more, going towards my door and opening it, seeing one of father's assistant. I arched a brow confused at what he's doing here but he just gave me a paper with writing on it.

"King Theodore told me to give that to you Prince Landon." After he said that, a sad look came across his face as I continued to have a confused look on mine. What's this?

When he left from my door, I looked over the paper, my face expression turning from confused to anger. No, father wouldn't do this. Yes we don't always agree on certain things but no, he wouldn't do this. Closing my door, I finished eating my toast and didn't bother eating breakfast.

I need to have a talk with that man I call a father.

I burst through the doors without even knocking. What he sent me is something I can't even comprehend for someone like him. As angry as I am, I couldn't even function on what to say, so the anger took place with the words I was going to form.

"Qu'est-ce que c'est que ce père?" I angrily spoke throwing the piece of paper on his desk where he was writing what seemed like plans for him. He paused, looking over at the paper and chuckled.
(What the hell is this father?)

"C'est ce que j'ai émis, fils." He spoke so calmly like this isn't something that's going to bite him in his ass later. The media finds out everything in our life, so imagine something big as this would get out. (It is what I issued, son.)

"Besides," He moved the paper away to the side and continued to return to the task that he had at his hand. "They can take care of themselves."

"Father these are innocent children we are talking about!! There will be no home for none of them if they are evicted out of a home that's not even worth living." He continued to ignore me as frustration hit me like a ton of bricks.

"That's not my problem Fils." He continued to speak so calmly that I wanted to hurt the man that I call my father. He's saying it's not his problem but it actually is. The villagers would never look at us the same if this would ever get out. (Son.)

"It is your problem father. I issued this to go into affect before the orphanage gotten evicted within three months prior. You're a cruel man and I hope this haunts you every night when you sleep!" I ripped the paper in two, turning to leave his office.