~12

🔆Adaleah🔆

I felt like I'm being used as a pack mule to Landon this week. It's been a few weeks since Landon and I are friends again. This weekend, they were doing backyard activities for some of the royal families to come over. They invited almost all of their friends and family to this thing. They even invited my mom to bake goods which I'm excited about since I will be seeing her.

But I feel like I'm a pack mule because Landon has been telling me to do things for his "potential wife" so she could be more comfortable in the guest room. They have been talking nonstop to each other and it's really getting on my nerves. I'm not the jealous type but they are really getting to know each other a lot.

But I'm happy that William and I are a couple. Whenever we're not working, we'll go in his room to watch tv, we'll sneak to go to the village just to be away from the royal family, and we would go to some secluded area to look at the way France looks. I like that Will has a little rebel in him.

Currently I'm walking towards Landon's room to give him his sash and crown he has to wear to welcome everyone to the event today. I noticed there's another chamberlain by his door and I asked to go in. The guy smiles, opening the door for me as I thanked him. When I walk in, I noticed that there's no clothes on the floor.

Good he had no girl over which means he's still cleaning up his act.

I continued to walk to his bed to put his sash and crown on it. "Good morning." I jumped a little to turn around to see him put on a long sleeve button up. He fiddled with his buttons as his tie wasn't even on properly. "You're here to escort me to breakfast this morning?"

I sigh fixing his tie for him. "Yes and I gave you your sash and crown for today." Just as I fixed his tie, he finished buttoning up his long sleeve and decided to put on his blazer. "So you have to wear it before breakfast."

He sighs deeply, closing his blue eyes. "Aww, j'ai oublié quelque chose." When he speaks French it just does something to me. I swallowed, turning around to get his crown. I didn't need to stare at him while he said that because I don't want to regret our friendship. Something That's once a thing again and I don't want to cheat on William. He's too sweet and nice for me to just cheat on him.

"What?" I questioned, putting the crown in my hand turning back to him to see that his blue eyes came in my vision again. He gave a chuckle, grabbing the crown out of my head.

"I said I forgot something. Leah, you've been in France for 5 years and you never knew how to speak it? You know it's optional to take in school." He went to his bathroom to adjust the crown on his head.

I knew some of the words, just not all of them. Honestly, I never really had the time. I know they teach it in the schools that they had in the village, I just didn't take it because I didn't think mom and I were going to stay here for long.

Every since I was young, I would think about all the possibilities dad would do to win mom back so we could leave here but it didn't work like that. Life doesn't work out the way you want to.

I shrug following behind him in the bathroom seeing that he's adjusting the crown on his head. "I didn't take French because I didn't think my mom and I  would stay for long. I didn't know my mom closing the door on my dad would open one for another man to come in her life."

He chuckles, standing up straight. "You need to take French Adaleah. That's something you should take into consideration. Viens mon amour. Accompagne-moi au petit déjeuner." He spoke again, which caused my lower region to do something. (Come my love. Accompany me to breakfast.)