Chapter 3 : A Broken Heart

Start from the beginning

Itachi just gave him a small sheepish smile and looked at him innocently.

"Niichan...I..want...foxychan" requested Itachi and pointed his small finger at Naruto's shelf, there were a lot of toys there.

A smile came on his face when he saw that fox.

(Flashback)

A 3 year old Naruto was right now in a toy shop of Konoha. Mikoto was holding him in her arms, it was his birthday and as such he wanted something. She was very eager to give her son a gift.

Mikoto was having a radiant smile on her face, she was quite happy when she saw the most biggest smile on her son's face while he was looking at the toys.

Naruto was her life, she loved him the most in the world. It had been a few months since she had given birth to her younger son Itachi. As a result she was not able to spend as much time with Naruto like before.

It did pain her but she knew Itachi needed her more right now.

Surprisingly Naruto was quite thoughtful and smart, he accepted Itachi happily. Mikoto knew many children would be jealous of their younger sibling at this age. But Naruto was different.

He always tried to help her, he would always be beside Itachi. He would always be the first to run to Itachi, if he heard him crying.

In a way, Mikoto knew Naruto loved Itachi more than her. She was really proud of her elder son.

"Kaa-chan...I.." said Naruto with a dreamy look in his eyes.

"You can have anything you want my Naru-chan. After all today is my precious Sochi's birthday." said Mikoto warmly and kissed Naruto on his cheek.

"You will grow up to be a fine man Naruto-sama." said the owner of the store.

He was an old man, who had a flat wrinkled face. His hair were white but his eyes showed a lot more kindness.

Naruto looked around the store, he was feeling a lot happy. He was spending time with his mother and he loved it. His eyes then settled on a toy.

It was a small fox, it had black eyes and small ears. His body was brown skinned.

Naruto immediately loved the toy and quickly pointed his finger at the toy with an eager smile on his face.

"You want that?" asked Mikoto kindly

"Hm..Hm" said Naruto enthusiastically

"Then you will have to do something for Kaa-chan too." said Mikoto with a smirk

"But..." said Naruto innocently

"No buts Naru-chan.." said Mikoto playfully

Naruto pouted a little, Mikoto and the owner of the store exchanged a knowing look. Naruto contemplated his choices, he really wanted that toy.

After a few moments of thinking, he nodded. Mikoto was giggling when she saw how thoughtful Naruto was.

"Alright, give Kaa-chan a kiss and that toy is yours." said Mikoto and laughed softy

A wide smile came on Naruto's face as he understood Mikoto's message. He happily kissed his lovely mother on her cheek earning a soft smile from her.

Naruto loved her smile, it was one of the most beautiful things in the world for him.

"Okay, now you can have it." said Mikoto and paid the owner.