The Truth of Humanity

Hello Drinor Here, If you like to become a patron and get access to these chapters earlier, head on over to Patreon and search 'Drinor.'

https://www.Patreon.com/Drinor

The following 11 chapters are available for Patrons.

Chapter 24 (Historia Reiss), Chapter 25 (Annie's Pleasure), Chapter 26 (The Royal Titan), Chapter 27 (The Attack Titan Vs Levi), Chapter 28 (Historia's Love), Chapter 29 (Titan Serum), Chapter 30 (Levi's Titan), Chapter 31 (An Ackerman Titan), Chapter 32 (Annie's Loyalty), Chapter 33 (Graduation), Chapter 34 (The Breach of Trost) are already available for Patrons.

The LINK is in my Profile.

Erwin Smith

No, that was guilt. And his guilt wouldn't fade away.

Erwin was lost in a deep slumber when he felt a forceful shaking that jolted him back to reality. Groggy and disoriented, he instinctively reached out and grabbed the wrist of the person who was disturbing his peaceful sleep. As he blinked his eyes open, he was met with the enveloping darkness of the room, with only a flickering candle flame casting eerie shadows across the walls. The dim light made it difficult for Erwin to discern the identity of the person he had grabbed.

"Hange?" Erwin said, a little confused after a moment of silence, barely making out the details of her face due to the dim light in the room; only now he noticed that his grip around her wrist was a bit too tight.

A moment of silence passed before Erwin spoke again, this time with a little more urgency, "What is happening?" He let go of her wrist, feeling a twinge of guilt as he saw the faint red marks left by his fingers. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he moved away the blankets covering him and sat up, his eyes searching Hange's face for an answer.

"I'm sorry for waking you up at such a late hour, but Levi called a meeting saying it was of the highest importance and to wake you up," Hange explained; as she continued to speak, Hange's attention was momentarily diverted as she began to massage her aching wrist.

Erwin's heart fluttered in his chest, the sudden announcement of a meeting with Levi causing him to become immediately alert. The commander knew that Levi wouldn't call a meeting without a very good reason; in fact, he had never called one before. Erwin's drowsiness vanished instantly, replaced by a surge of energy coursing through his veins. He sprang from his bed, his eyes scanning the room for his uniform. Spotting it hanging on the head of a nearby chair, he reached out and snatched it up, feeling the familiar weight of the fabric in his hands. As he dressed, his thoughts raced with the possibilities of what this meeting could be about, his mind whirring with plans and strategies.

"Why is he calling this meeting?" Erwin questioned sharply, not facing her as he wore his uniform.

As Hange stood there holding the candelabra in her right hand, she tried her best to explain the situation to Erwin, "I don't know what it is about. He only said that it was of great importance and that Mike would be there too." As she spoke, her voice was filled with uncertainty and confusion, which made Erwin smile inwardly.

He knew that Hange was always eager to learn and understand everything that was happening around her, but this time, it seemed like even she was clueless. Erwin walked towards the window and looked outside, trying to gauge the time of night. The darkness outside was enveloping, and the only sound that could be heard was the gentle rustling of the leaves in the wind. Erwin assumed that it was around 3 AM, but he didn't need to wait until Mike was woken up to know that this was something out of the ordinary. The fact that Mike was being summoned at such an ungodly hour only added to the mystery.