A Secret Revealed

Hello Drinor Here, If   you like to become a patron and get access to these chapters earlier,  head on over to Patreon and search 'Drinor.'

www.Patreon.com/Drinor

Chapter 4 (A Cruel World), Chapter 5 (Survey Corps), and Chapter 6 (Semi-Titan Shifter) are already available for Patrons.

The LINK is in my Profile.

Three Months Later

Mikasa was working on the fields with Eren and Armin; as she kept working, her eyes briefly glanced at her only family left in the world.

Eren was working nearby to where she was, working without stopping; in a way, he looked at the work they were doing as helping. Mikasa had noticed the change; at first, Eren didn't like to 'waste' time working on fields, but now he did without much complaining, saying something against it only when either Mikasa or Armin were tired, well, mostly Armin.

His breathing was calm, with sweat rolling down his face; despite being in the fields for hours, they still worked to secure food for everyone.

Eren and Mikasa weren't exactly tired yet, the Ackerman girl knew she could keep working for at least one more hour before calling it a day, and the same seemed to be for Eren, who was just a foot away from her; but Armin, on the other hand, was slacking off. His hands were aching; his breathing labored; despite doing this for months now, Armin still wasn't used to this.

While he could understand why that was the case for Mikasa, since she had always been strong since he knew her, but Eren was a mystery to both him and Mikasa.

Since he had started training every day four months ago, Eren had drastically changed; he looked and acted a bit more mature, especially when it came to talking about Titans; sure, they were still numerous cases of him getting angry with Military police mocking them or saying harsh words to them like...

Why couldn't the Titans just eat a bit more of them?

Looks at these pets; just drop them back to their homes; why should we pay because they couldn't protect their homes...

Despite everything, Eren seemed to have a more mature worldview. Something both Armin and Mikasa had been trying to figure out for months now. At first, the blonde bowl-haired head had shrugged it off as Eren finally maturing somehow.

He didn't know if it was because of his father's death or something else they didn't know, and neither did Mikasa. Eren had kept training since he started, every morning and every evening. Running around, doing push-ups and sit-ups, while Armin and Mikasa fully supported his drive to become stronger and quote 'Stand a Chance against The Titans,' they both knew Eren was keeping big secrets from them.

First were the letters he had read multiple times during the first month; one day, he just stopped reading them. At least they didn't see him read them in front of them. Mikasa had asked again about the letters; Armin had thought he would snap at her, telling her that it was his business and she didn't have to care so much.

Instead, Eren would look sad before telling both of them that he would tell them soon; that seemed to do the trick for Mikasa, who reluctantly nodded.

Armin had kept quieter, simply analyzing his friend's behavior, being more subtle about it, but he figured that Eren could see right through him. They were old friends; after all, he knew it was hard to keep something from Eren.

While neither Armin nor Mikasa showed it, they felt a bit left out and maybe let down that Eren wasn't telling them whatever was happening. Despite that, they never tried to find the letters and read them behind his back sneakily; everyone had the right to have secrets of their own.