Chapter 12

After what seemed like an hour he was right in front of Dumbledore feeling the stares of all the teachers upon him.

"Well... through the door Harry," Said Dumbledore. He wasn't smiling.

Harry went through the door out of the great hall and found himself in a smaller room lined with paintings of witches and wizards. A handsome firewall roared in the fireplace opposite him.

Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, and Fleur Delacour were grouped around the fire. They look strangely impressive, silhouetted against the flames. Krum, hunched up and brooding, was against the mantelpiece, slightly apart from the other two. Cedric was standing with his hand behind his back, staring into the fire. Fleur Delacour looked around when Harry walked in and threw back her sheet of long, silvery hair.

"What is it?" she said. "Do zey want us back in ze Hall?"

Before he can answer, the loud arguing of the adults was heard.

Dumbledore was approaching Harry rather quickly that Harry had to step back in fear.

"Harry, Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly

"No sir," Harry exclaimed.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

Again Harry said, "No sir,"

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes sir,"

"We were under the impression that your Age Line would keep out younger contestants, Dumbledore," said Karkaroff, his steely smile still in place, though his eyes were colder than ever. "Otherwise we would of course have brought along a wider selection of candidates from our own schools."

Snape who was fuming from the get-go and was worried about what this meant for his daughter immediately tries to put all blame on Harry ... as usual, "It's no one's fault but Potter's Karkaroff," His eyes alight with malice. "Don't go blaming Dumbledore for Potter's determination to break rules. He has been crossing lines ever since he arrived here -"

"Thank you, Severus," said Dumbledore firmly, and Snape went quiet, though his eyes still glinted malevolently through his curtain of greasy black hair.

Madame Maxime, the giant of a woman commented, "Well of course ze boy is lying."

Moody came in to defend Harry, "The hell he is. The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year."

Igor who likes to antagonize Moody said, "You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye."

Moody who doesn't like the tone of Igor's voice, replied, "It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?"

"That doesn't help Alastor. I leave this to you, Barty." Dumbledore whispered.

Barty looking a bit peakish said, "The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr. Potter has no choice, he is as of tonight... a tri-wizards champion.

Dumbledore dismissed everyone and stared directly at Harry, "Meet me at my office, and don't forget to bring Samie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Severus stepped foot in Dumbledore's office, he already voiced out his concerns, "There has got to be a way for Potter to step down from the challenge, headmaster."

Dumbledore sighs in worry, "You've heard Barty, Severus. Mr. Potter has no choice but to participate. If I didn't know any better, I think you've grown to worry for the boy."

Severus who was pacing all over Dumbledore's office suddenly whipped his head, "Worry? For the boy? Have you forgotten the slight detail that the life of my daughter is in Potter's hands?!

"Now, now Severus. We both know that it goes both ways." Dumbledore tried to placate him.

Severus scoffed, "My daughter isn't the one who will be risking her half-brother's life for a mere drinking cup."

Before Dumbledore has the chance to counter, the voices of pubescent teens were heard outside arguing.

"What in the world made you think that hoodwinking your way into a competition where there's a chance of DYING do you think was a great idea?! I don't care much what you do with your life but did you forget the teeny tiny detail that my life is tied to yours?!"

"I've been trying to tell you that I didn't in any way shape or form placed my name! Why would I do that!? I've had enough of people trying to kill me! Why would I enter a competition in which there's a chance, as you've said, I could DIE!?"

"Well, then how did your name get there? Did it GROW legs and walked?" Samie said sarcastically.

Before Harry can reply the doors open.

Both Samie and Harry went silent and went inside.

"Ah Harry, Samie come come. Would you like a lemon drop?" Dumble smiled

Samie was about to have an impolite retort when Severus who can see the patience running out of his daughter's face intervened. "Let's get to the point Albus. It's been a long day. I bet these two teens are exhausted."

Dumbledore sighed tiredly but nodded, "Yes, yes I agree. We're here to talk about how we'll handle everything. Harry my boy, do you have any idea on who might've put your name in?"

Harry shook his head, "No sir."

Severus rolled his eyes, "Are we even sure that someone else put Potter's name in the Goblet? For all we know, Mr. Potter here just can't get enough attention so he decided that entering a competition is the best way to get it."

Harry violently shook his head and glared at Snape, "For your information sir, I did not enter! As I've been telling you guys a million times!"

"Mind your tone, Potter." Snape sneered.

"Enough with you two. I believe young Mr. Potter, Severus. The thing we need to do now is to find out who entered your name."

Samie who has been quiet spoke up, "That's fine and all but what are we supposed to do with this *gestures to her and Harry* stupid bond thingy? Because I for one am not willing to feel all the bumps and bruises that Harry will collect while competing."

"Language." Snape chastizes

"Sorry." Samie said not really meaning it.

Dumbledore thought for a moment, "We could always douse you with a sleeping draft and heal all your wounds after Mr. Potter completes a task."

Samie's mouth hung in shock.

Severus isn't doing well either, "Are you telling me that the best thing you're brilliant mind can come up with is to drug my daughter to sleep while Potter is risking his life for a stupid cup?"

"Language," Samie whispered though her father shot her one of his nastier glares.

"Can you think of something better?" Dumbledore raised his eyebrow.

Severus stayed silent because he can't think of something better.

Samie complained, "Oh come on! With all these inconveniences, I won't even get to see the tournament! Can I at least watch and if Harry gets too beat up I'll take the potion?"

Severus was about to refuse but Dumbledore readily agreed. "Brilliant idea! Now everything is in order you may now go on with the rest of your night!"