155| As Time Goes By

Start from the beginning

"Well, you can be, too! Forget your troubles." Rory said, handing her a cup of coffee. "Come on, get happy! You know, if you're looking for a job, Angle and Trixie could sure use some help around here.

Just as he said that, Trixie and Angle grabbed onto a tray and was about to pick it up until they both dropped it.

Trixie let out a laugh. "There I go again!"

"They're the worst waitress I've ever seen, but we all love them for that." Rory said with a smirk. He turned to Zoey. "So, what are you running from, sister?"

"What do you mean?" Zoey wondered.

"Well, everyone that comes to Isaacs's is running away from something or trying to find something... usually themselves." Rory explained.

"I don't know who I am or why I'm ever here." Zoey admitted.

Rory scoffed. "No one does, and no one has too. All that matters is that we're here."

"Is everybody happy?" A voice spoke.

"Isaac!" Everyone in the café greeted.

That's Isaac. He owns this place and everything in it. But he doesn't own Zoey... yet.

"Where have you been all my life, baby?" Isaac wondered, grabbing a rose from his white tux and handed it to Zoey.

"I don't know." Zoey replied.

"So, who are you really, and where are you from? What did you do and what do you think? What are you thinking?" Isaac questioned.

"I don't know who I am or even why I'm here." Zoey admitted with a frown.

"I know someone who can help." Isaac said.

••••

Isaac called and scheduled an appointed with the local detective was known around these parts.. Zoey walked into the office, seeing Gumshoe sitting behind his desk.

"Is this a bad time?" Zoey wondered.

"I had a feeling that if it wasn't yet, it was gonna be..." He trailed off.

"Gonna be what?" Zoey questioned.

"What?" Gumshoe asked.

Zoey approached the desk. "I just heard you say..."

"No, I didn't." Gumshoe protested.

"But I heard you." Zoey told him.

"She was as stubborn as a mule with twice the kick." Gumshoe continued.

Zoey raised her eyebrows. "You did it again."

"Did what?" Gumshoe wondered. Maybe this was a mistake, Zoey thought. "What?"

"I didn't say anything." Zoey said.

Yes, you did! Gumshoe thought.

Zoey rolled her eyes and began making her way towards the door.

"Listen, please, please, please, don't go!" Gumshoe insisted, chasing after her. "We don't get a whole lot of crime here in Shangri-la, so, uh, I don't have a lot of cases. Please, just sit down." Zoey sighed and sat down on one of the chairs at his desk. "What seems to be the problem, missy?"

"I know this may sound crazy, I don't seem to know who I am, or why I'm here. I seem to lost track of my identity." Zoey explained.

Gumshoe raised an eyebrow. "The cast of the missing identity. I'm gonna need to see some ID."

••••

Zoey began working at Isaac 'Good shot' Kelly Shangri-La Café as a waitress. This was her first job as a waiter so she really had no idea what she was getting into. Her first couple of days they just had her follow around a few of the waiters and waitresses to get an idea of the routine they follow.