47| The Double Lie

Shawn, Zoey and Cory were currently standing in the middle of the school halls, watching Veronica Watson fight with her boyfriend by the lockers. Zoey grabbed onto Shawn's arm and held his hand gently as they continued watching the fight.

"This looks like it, guys. I think it's gonna happen." Cory said. Veronica then took off her necklace around her neck. "She's taking the necklace off." Veronica shoved the necklace into her boyfriend's pocket. "Ooh, locket in the pocket."

"Come on, come on. 'And I never want to see you again'." Zoey said.

"And I never want to see you again." Veronica told her ex-boyfriend, who stormed out of the halls.

Zoey, Shawn and Cory all cheered slightly, knowing the break up was going to happen sooner or latter. Shawn gripped Zoey's hand tightly as he looked down at her.

"So, Zo... I was wondering if you want to go on a date... maybe Saturday?" Shawn wondered, seeming a bit shy.

Zoey nodded. "I would love to."

"Beautiful. I'll pick you up at eight." Shawn said.

"That was a good move." Cory stated, looking between his friends with a proud smirk. "But I'll ask my parents if it's okay."

"Why would you do that?" Shawn asked while Zoey narrowed her eyes.

"Because you're staying with us this weekend, remember? Mr. Turner's going out of town." Cory replied.

"What? I never heard that." Shawn said.

"Shawn, I was standing right there when he told you." Cory told him.

"Where was I?" Shawn questioned. Zoey sighed deeply and tighten her grip on Shawn's hand.

"Look, my parents are cool when Topanga's over. You know, until ten o'clock." Cory responded.

Shawn groaned. "A ten o'clock curfew. Cory, that means if I pick Zoey up at eight that only gives us.... Oh, that stinking metric system."

"It gives us two hours, hun." Zoey told him with a small smile.

"John! John!" Shawn called, releasing Zoey's hand to rush into their English classroom where Mr. Turner stood by the blackboard.. "Boy, it's good... No, it's great to see you."

"You just saw me in class twenty minutes ago." Mr. Turner responded.

"Then why the heck do I miss you so much?" Shawn wondered.

Mr. Turner gave him a look before returning back to the blackboard. Shawn turned around to Zoey and Cory, who stood behind him. He gave them an expression of not knowing what to do next.

"Tell him how good he looks." Zoey whispered.

"You look good." Shawn told Mr. Turner. "Have you drop a few LBs?"

"Not my stereo again." Mr. Turner said.

Shawn shook his head. "Nope, still drying out. So, listen, my friend Cory over here."

"Hi." Cory greeted with a small wave.

"He tells me you're going out of town this weekend." Shawn continued.

"What do you mean, he told you? I told you myself. Remember, I looked you right in the eye and I said, 'I'm going out of town. You're staying at the Matthews'.' Don't you listen?" Mr. Turner asked.

"What?" Shawn questioned, generally confused.

"Do... you... listen?" Mr. Turner asked slowly. Shawn quickly turned to Cory and Zoey, not understanding Turner.