154| Brotherly Shove

Start from the beginning

"Prepare to die... scoundrel." Shawn responded with a Spanish accent.

"Alright, your queen's getting bored. Can we see some bloodshed?" Zoey demanded.

Shawn and Cory immediately lunched at each other and parried, terribly with their fake swords as they let out enthusiastic yells. Topanga and Zoey couldn't help but laugh at their partners as they dropped the swords and grappled with each other.

Everyone stopped when they noticed Eric approaching them.

"Hey, you guys having a little party here?" Eric wondered.

"No, just hurting your brother." Shawn replied.

"What are you up to?" Topanga asked.

"Well, apparently not having as much fun as you guys are." Eric answered.

"Yeah, we're just cleaning out the garage." Cory explained to his older brother. "You know, I've been meaning to go through this stuff for a while."

"Oh, okay. So this was your idea?" Eric wondered.

"Yeah." Cory replied.

"Shawn, Zoey, and I are just helping out." Topanga added.

Noticing the awkward tension, Shawn took the swords from Cory and made his way back into the garage. Topanga and Zoey took their cue and picked up nearby boxes in an effort to look busy.

"You know, Cory, this would have been fun to do together." Eric said.

"Oh, Eric, come on. It's not a big deal." Cory reassured. "Besides, I didn't want you to waste a Saturday."

"Oh, but you didn't mind asking Shawn and Zoey to waste a Saturday? Even though they're wedding is in three weeks?" Eric asked.

"No, Shawn loves this stuff. Remember where he's from. Plus, Zoey and Shawn do everything together." Cory answered.

Shawn lifted up a paint can. "I do love trash."

Shawn then wrapped an arm around Zoey. She gave him a smirk before giving him a smack up the head.

"Okay, so, let me try to understand this. You decided on your own to through our stuff, involving your wife and your best friends, who incidentally has brothers of their own to do this kind of stuff with, but you didn't call me." Eric said.

"Eric, it's not a big deal." Cory told him.

"Maybe we should go." Zoey suggested.

"No, no, no. You guys stay." Eric said. "He probably doesn't get a chance to see you a whole lot anyway."

Cory sighed. "Eric, come on. Don't be like this, okay? Stay and we'll all...."

"Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you, Dad called last night and he wanted me and you to look for grandpa's toolbox after calling you about you calling me about is cleaning out the garage together." Eric interrupted his brother. "We were supposed to do this together."

Zoey, Topanga and Shawn remained silent while Eric turned around and walked away from them.

••••

Later in the day, everyone decided to catch up in the Student Union. Angela sat on the couch with Blake's arm wrapped around her shoulder, Jack was by the pool table, Zoey sat beside her brother. Meanwhile Shawn and Rachel were coming back from the coffee shop, holding coffee for everyone.

"You know, it must be fun to do a big clean-out like that and go through old stuff you haven't seen in years." Rachel said, sitting on the couch and passed coffee to Angela.