• 17

Third PoV

"Move." Dario seethes at Siena while flopping down on the couch, much close than he ever wants to be to her and yet too far away to miraculously find out the truth.

"Be nice to her." Adriano sighs, sitting down on her other side.

"Be nice to her." Dario mocks his twin in turn, taking pleasure in the grimace he pulls and the murderous glare thrown his way over her head.

Coming up to stand behind the couch is their oldest brother who can't suppress the eye roll at the silent communication between the two twins.

"Are you okay?" He looks down at Siena with a forced smile on his face, silently awaiting a positive confirmation but not caring about the possible answer either way.

After all, she's not his sister and he doesn't have it in him to care for another stray that got dragged into his home.

"I don't like sitting next to him." Siena frowns up at the oldest, pointing an accusing finger towards her left side.

"And I don't like having you in my home." Dario retorts with smugness written all over his face and a smirk thrown at his twin brother.

He can only hope that Luciano works quick before their plan blows up right into their face and they lose the possibly last chance they will ever have to find their sister.

Their actual sister.

"Dario," Emilio seethes, forcefully pressing out his next words, "she is a part of our family and has a right to be here. If her presence truly bothers you as much as you claim it does though, feel free to leave."

"Gladly." Dario laughs and stands up from the couch, wiping the side of his clothes that barely had any chance to get in contact with Siena to rid himself of her.

Maybe a shower would be more useful though, he frowns as he leaves the living room.

A glare, settled on his back and seething with silent rage and hatred follows him out of the room. It almost tempts him to mock his unlucky twin brother even further for being stuck on the couch.

But for now, it sadly is just an almost and not something that he can just turn around for and do. At least not without any real consequences that aren't purely a result of the act their oldest brother puts on.

The walk towards his room is quickly finished and before he even realized it, he already put on fresh clothes that Siena never had the chance to even see and walks back out of his room.

Once he's walking past the living room again, all eyes fall onto his back but he just hurries along and ignores them.

At their front door, he puts on his shoes and grabs a jacket together with a pair of car keys and quickly leaves the house, purposely leaving the keys for the front door inside and letting the door behind him slam as loud as humanly possible.

It is supposed to serve as a reminder for Adriano that his behavior is the reason for his current predicament but in reality it only increases the slowly simmering rage that is building within the twin that is left behind to put up an act of a picture perfect family.

"I'm sorry about him." Adriano sighs, sounding not the least bit sincere but also not having it within himself to care about it at the moment. After all, he can always blame Dario for his mood.