• 06

A/N; don't like, don't read. it's that easy. :)

Third PoV

The rest of the day, at least for Siena, is spent unpacking all the packages she received and decorating the bedroom so it looks like her and not like another attempt at keeping dead things alive.

She did all of this in total peace and quiet too without any interruptions from the brothers. She thinks that she heard Luciano walk past the door a few times, but there's no confirmation for this suspicion and she also can't get herself to care about someone like him.

That is until the time for dinner comes around and Leandro almost pulls her into the kitchen along with him. She mostly went along with him without any real fights due to promises of all the money she will be able to spend but regrets it now that she actually is in the kitchen. Right between Luciano and Dario.

The day couldn't have ended worse than that.

"Absolutely not." Luciano immediately protests when Siena sits down next to him. He even goes as far as scooting closer to Emilio with his chair.

Dario mirrors his antics and moves closer to his twin brother as if she is contagious with a deathly disease.

Leandro incredulously looks on at both of their insufferable and unbelievable actions. If Emilio wouldn't already be quietly muttering threats in Luciano's direction, he would be the one to loudly threaten him and Dario too.

Because as much as Leandro wants to and tries to understand it, he can't. All of them have been grieving the loss of their sister but neither of them have ever done it in such a way. Especially not now that she is back with them and safe. There's absolutely no reason for them to worry about her safety anymore. All they need to do is take care of her now and make her feel welcome.

And not as if her presence is a burden.

"I don't want to sit next to you either." Siena says out loud and dramatically scoots back with her chair, away from the table and the two brothers.

"Good to know that the feelings is mutual." Luciano tells her and it takes everything in him to keep it to himself. At this point in time, no one would believe him either way.

"It really is." Dario chimes in, sarcastically smiling at the girl next to him.

"Enough," Emilio orders, "all of you will either sit properly at the table or leave."

"Great!" Luciano smirks and gets up. He dodges Emilio's hand reaching out to grab his wrist and makes sure to kick against Siena's ankle while walking past her. Much like his older brother's hand, his own hand reaches out to clamp down on Dario's shoulder. Dario understands the gesture for what it is and follows his older brother out of the kitchen, leaving dumbfounded brothers and a much more relaxed Siena behind.

As soon as they're out of sight, Siena moves back towards the table and begins to eat the pasta dish Leandro placed in front of her minutes before.

"I'm sorry. Dario isn't usually like this." Adriano apologizes for his twin brother.

"It's okay." Siena reassures him with a shrug and continues eating. Her instincts are screaming at her to turn her head to the right side to glare at Emilio until he averts his eyes but her eyes stay firmly planted on the table. She doesn't even dare look up at Leandro due to what she's sure will happen when she does.