• 16

Third PoV

"Is Dario home?" Emilio asks before Siena has the chance to say anything.

He purposely takes a step back - away from her - and expectantly looks at his younger brother for an answer. Leandro just nods and gestures towards the stairs, confused by the step he hopes only he noticed.

But the frown on Siena's face lets him know that that is not the case and that she noticed it just as much. His heart breaks a little for her when the hurt flashes through her green eyes.

"Are you going to stay here with her?"

"Of course," Leandro quickly replies while desperately searching for eye contact with his older brother, "do you need help with anything?"

"No. I'll take care of it on my own," Emilio smiles, entirely unconvincing for the younger one, "just make sure to stay here with her and spend some time with her."

"I wasn't planning on doing something else."

"Good." The oldest nods and hurriedly leaves the room.

"Is he mad at me?" Siena frowns.

"No. He's probably just tired, Lily. He's been awake for a long time." Leandro comforts her.

"Oh, alright," She shrugs and shifts around until her seating position is comfortable for her, "what are we going to do?"

"Whatever you want, Lily." Leandro smiles before a thought that almost causes him to frown crosses his mind.

Emilio never directly referred to Lily.

—————————————

"Can I come in?" Emilio sighs, once again knocking against the door he knows Dario is behind. The light shining through the small gap betrays Dario's attempt to stay quiet until the oldest decides to leave.

"He's not in there." Adriano says, walking out of his own room.

"I heard him move, Adriano." The oldest deadpans.

"Well, that wasn't him." The twin shrugs, closing the door to his own room behind him and walking further towards his oldest brother.

"Who was it then?" Emilio questions, "because unless Luciano decided to come home and hide in Dario's room while I was out and looking for him, it can only be your twin brother in there."

"It could be Leandro or Lily." He shrugs, well aware that he isn't fooling anyone with that and that said twin brother is most likely trying not to laugh. That is if he can hear their conversation.

But knowing Dario as good as he does, he's almost one hundred percent positive that he's leaning against the other side of the door and listening to their every word.

"Both are downstairs," Emilio grunts out, "and if you don't open this door right now and talk to me, I will open it myself."

"I don't want to talk to you." Dario argues.

"It's about Luciano."

"I really don't want to talk to you then." Dario tells him, causing his twin to laugh.

Emilio on the other hand though looks unimpressed at the door, wondering where exactly he went wrong with Dario.

The answer to that question comes to him a moment later when he remembers that he's standing in a hallway with two rooms that belong to two people that are no longer in the house. And one of these rooms is empty because of his own actions.