• 04

Third PoV

12:34 am.

Luciano opens his door and steps out of the room. He quickly walks past the closed door next to his and towards the end of the hallway.

Just as quick as he walked does he open the door, not caring about the possibility of waking her up in the slightest.

In fact, he would prefer it if she would wake up so he could talk to her, alone and in peace. Without one of his brothers constantly interrupting or preventing him from speaking his mind.

His eyes are set on Siena's sleeping body. He takes notice of how she sleeps on her left side - facing the door - with the blanket tucked around her. He sees the way her chest rises and falls and he sees how her hand occasionally twitches.

For him, all clear signs that there is something wrong with her and it just confirms his suspicions.

Nothing about what he knows adds up and he truly is tempted to yell at the girl on the mattress.

His feet move on their own accord, one step after the other. He's seven small steps in before a hand comes down on his shoulder, pulling him back out of the door and somewhat quietly closing the door. The next thing he knows, he is pressed up against the wall with an arm against his throat, cutting off his air supply.

"Go back to your room and leave her alone." Emilio grunts into Luciano's ear. He slightly retracts his arm, releasing the pressure on his younger brother's throat.

"I just want to talk to her." Luciano argues back, anger surging up within him again.

Why can't anyone see the things he sees?

Why does he have to be the one to point it all out and later on carry the burden of it all?

"You said enough already," Emilio harshly presses out, "so go back to your room and stay in there. I don't care if you sleep or stay up all night long but get away from her."

"You're an idiot." is Luciano's only reply, accompanied by an eye roll.

"Leave, Luciano," Emilio steps away from him, "if you ever come back to your senses and are capable to rid yourself of whatever has gotten into you, you can go and talk to her. But until then, you will have to get through me first and that won't be easy."

Luciano scoffs, "do you want me to show you how easy it would be?"

"Do you want me to kill you?"

Incredulous eyes look up at hateful eyes. Two worlds clash together and the priorities shine through.

Truth. Family.

"Get lost in it for all I care," Luciano settles on shrugging, not willing to continue this conversation with a seemingly deaf and apparently also blind older brother, "but don't say I didn't warn you."

Without saying anything else, Luciano walks away. He exasperatedly throws his hands into the air, silently giving his brother one last chance in case he might come to his senses. But the older Bianchi just watches him leave, not willing to interact with his brother further.

12:43 am.

Luciano is back in his room, the laptop is opened and on the bed in front of him. He opens all the documents he acquired over the years.

First, he looks at all the wrong leads they followed throughout the years and he's left wondering how they were able to run in circles for so long when her rescue turned out to be so easy in the end.

But the longer he looks at them, the clearer does the pattern shine through. In fact, it is so clear eventually that there is no way that his brothers could ever miss it.