• 09

Third PoV

He can't know anything

Unknown: he seems to know everything

How?

Unknown: we're on it

How much longer?

Unknown: soon

Unknown: but be careful, we can't risk anything.

Unknown: we've come too far already

——————————————-

"Emilio," Siena knocks at the door of his office hours later, "can I come in?"

"Of course." The oldest replies after quickly putting away all the documents and closing the files on his laptop.

Right away, the door opens and Siena steps into the room, making sure to close the door behind her. She lingers there for a moment, internally debating whether she should or should not lock the door but ultimately leaving the door unlocked and walking the short distance to the desk, sitting down on a chair in front of it.

Emilio's eyes are carefully set on her, watching her every move.

His earlier conversation with Adriano which was held behind all of their brothers back is still fresh in his mind.

He's glad that Adriano told him the truth about his brothers - especially Luciano's - issues without much of a fight. But secretly, he wishes that Adriano would have put up a fight and defended his brothers with everything that's in him.

And not for the sake of his younger brothers.

Because now that he knows what exactly is happening, he is forced to act and the only measures that are appropriate for this situation are ones he never wanted to use on any of his brothers. Much less on Luciano who up until her return always missed her the most and arguably suffered the most too.

"Is everything okay?" Emilio asks the girl in front of him.

"Yes," Siena nods, "I just wanted to know where you keep the pictures of my childhood?"

His breath catches in his throat at the question. Silently, he puts his hands down on the desk to prevent himself from showing any visible signs of his discomfort at the question.

"In the basement." He quietly says with an even level voice.

"Can I have them?"

The question hits him just as hard as the one before did.

"May I ask why?" Emilio asks as soon as he regains some of his composure back.

The dark screen of his laptop is menacingly projecting the image of his own face for his eyes and it takes everything in him to not shut it. To not throw it from his desk the very same way Siena destroyed all of her belongings just mere days ago.

Some of the belongings she is now asking for, matter of fact.

"I was bored and thought that I should try to bring some more memories back to the front of my mind to replace the bad ones," Siena tells him, "the few memories I have of all of you aren't enough anymore to keep me comfortable around here."

He wants to deny her wish. He wants to say no and desperately wishes he would have the strength to tell the girl he swore to do everything for - no matter what - that she can't have the pictures.