• 12

Third PoV

"Can we talk?" Adriano somewhat timidly asks, further pushing the door open. His hand reaches out to turn the light on and Luciano's body sitting on the bed with his back turned towards the door becomes more visible.

Luciano slightly turns his head around before beckoning Adriano further into his room.

The twin quietly closes the door behind him to prevent waking up Siena or anyone else in the house. His steps are just as quiet as he walks towards the bed and sits down on the edge of it.

Luciano closes the laptop in front of him, turns his phone off and turns around to face his younger brother.

"What's wrong?"

"You are." Adriano says before he can stop himself.

Luciano madly grins at him at the answer, "I'm not doing anything wrong, Adriano. I'm just the way I've always been."

"You don't believe that either, right?" The twin sighs. Luciano's expression though tells him that he in fact does believe the nonsense he uttered.

"Luciano, please," Adriano sighs, leaning back to get a better look at his face, "what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Why are you treating Lily as if she doesn't belong here then?"

"Because she," Luciano points in the vague direction of the room, "does not belong here." He snorts.

"Luciano!" Adriano hisses in warning.

"No, Adriano. She doesn't belong here." Luciano vehemently denies. He almost has to laugh out loud at the pure absurdity of his younger brother words but he doesn't know better. For now, at least.

Of course, his lack of knowledge could be changed immediately, but the visible tension in the twin's body and the way his eyes glare holes at Luciano prevent the older one from explaining himself. He's been doing too much explaining the past few days as it is and as long as no one wants to listen to him, he truly sees no point in repeating himself once again.

They might be willing to believe him once he has solid proof, but it will be too late at that point.

"Yes she does."

"She doesn't." Luciano settles on sighing, leaning back on his own bed.

"She does!" The twin almost screams, "stop treating her as if she isn't our little sister."

"I'm treating her the way she deserves to be treated." Luciano points out, actively aware of the change those words bring out in Adriano.

From one moment to the next, his calm demeanor is gone and he seems to be taken over by anger and pure hatred for the older brother who held the place of being his favorite mere days ago.

"Luciano!"

"Calm down," he says, "I'm doing this for you, adri. You'll understand it soon."

"I don't even want to understand whatever you think I should understand," he says, "I just want my older brother back." He whispers the last part, avoiding any eye contact at all costs.