• 01

Third PoV

"We're going to be home soon." Emilio tells his sister from the front seat. Leandro is once again sitting on the passenger seat and the youngest two are sitting in the back. Luciano willingly opted out of driving back home in the car with them so Siena sits in the middle of the twins.

Her eyes are trained on her feet while almost everyone else's eyes are on her and her body. Adriano is worriedly looking at every injury on her body while Dario mentally takes a note of every injury for later use.

The blood on her body is dried. Her cuts are very shallow and surrounded by the dried blood. Her bruises are in various states of healing. Her clothes are ripped and almost hanging off her body, barely holding on to it.

"We're going to show you your room when we're home. You can shower or bathe or do whatever you like. You'll have about an hour before we eat dinner," Leandro gently begins to say, gauging her reaction before adding the next part, "We also arranged for a doctor to come after dinner. We thought it might be best for you to get a little used to being in the house again before the doctor checks your injuries."

"If you're not okay with something we can talk about it," Adriano leans down to whisper into her ear, hurt shortly crossing his features when she flinches, "aside from the doctor looking over your injuries of course.".

Siena takes his words in and considers her options. She doesn't want to see a doctor and she also doesn't want to be in the house. She wants and needs to be away from it all.

She needs a safe space she can escape to. She doesn't need brothers that tell her what to do or doctors that touch every part of her body. She needs to be her own person that can make her own choices and decide freely.

But how could she ask for this? Or even expect them to follow through with it? They haven't seen each other for 12 years.

For her, they're strangers. Strangers she cannot ask to leave her alone. Right now, they're the exact same as the monsters that kept her in captivity for all those years.

Both groups of people are made up out of strangers she doesn't know that didn't accept no as an answer. And those four men in the car and the one man in the other car won't be any different.

They're all the same and as long as she is around those people, she will never be free. She will never be her own individual. She will always just be the ghost of the little girl they knew all those years ago.

"No, it's okay." She unsurely whispers back, though her thoughts are screaming at her to disagree with him and to escape. But she can't.

She is once again stuck in another circle of pain in her life that will cause her nothing but pain and unpleasantness.

Adriano silently smiles at her for the rest of the ride, either oblivious or simply not caring about the blatantly obvious discomfort she experiences between him and his twin brother. The closer they get to the house, the more nervousness begins to build up in her body, surging through her veins.

"We're here." Emilio eventually announces. Before the car is even fully turned off, Leandro is already opening Dario's car door and almost pulling him out of the car. "Leandro, wait! I can get out of the car on my own." Said twin grumbles.

"It's not about you." The second oldest shoots back at him. Dario rolls his eyes at the reply but walks away from the car without further protest. Leandro opens the car door wider for Siena. "Do you need any help?"