• 11

Third PoV

He silently walks through the long, dark corridor, passing all the closed doors until he reaches one of the two locked doors in the whole building.

He lifts his hand, forming a fist to knock against the brown wood door with his knuckles.

His hand falls back to his side and he takes a step back, waiting for the door to open.

The commotion on the other side momentarily dies down and the door opens. The man steps aside to allow the other man to enter the room before closing the door behind him.

Silently, the man walks towards the huge desk in the middle of the room and sits down in a chair in front of it, right next to another man in the room.

The one behind the desk expectantly looks at him, laying his hand with a gun in it down on top of the desk, pointing it at him.

"I've been following him and he is growing suspicious, sir," he gulps, "we should have chosen someone else."

"Someone else?" The man growls, his hand tightening around the grip of the gun. His finger is itching to pull the trigger but he stops himself from doing so at the last moment.

"Sir, he's suspicious and it only seems to be a matter of time until he puts the last piece in the right place. He's already been at our warehouse and he's watching her." He nervously points out, "If we missed just one thing, this will all end before it truly starts."

"Are you trying to tell me that you forgot something when you cleaned up?" He seethes, "was it a bullet? A gun? A picture? Which one is it?"

"Neither, sir. I covered all of our tracks." The man vehemently says, desperate to convince his boss and ultimately save his life.

"Then why," he lifts the gun and moves his hand until it comes in contact with a chest, "are you telling me these things? Why are you trying to convince me that something will go wrong? What have you done to warrant those thoughts?"

"Nothing, sir," he says, "I've only been watching him and he is too suspicious. He knows too much and your plan won't work this way."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm sorry sir, but your plan is bound to fail." He says, grimacing when he lifts his head to look his boss in the eyes.

Said man in question in return pulls the trigger, listening as the bullet enters his chest and watching as the blood sprays the surfaces in the room. The dead body sinks in itself into the chair and the man next to him disdainfully looks at the man holding the gun, "was that really necessary?"

"Yes."

"You need to learn how to control your anger, son."

Another knock sounds on the door, cutting the man off and forcing him to redirect his attention, "yes?"

The door opens and a woman walks into the room. Her hair is loosely tied together and she looks disgusted the moment her eyes land on the dead body, "what happened?"

"Nothing darling. Don't worry about it." The man replies and opens his arms for her to walk into them.

She carefully walks towards him, making sure to not step into the blood on the floor and sitting down in his lap. His arms immediately tighten around her waist and the gun is placed on top of the desk.

"You need to be more careful. If he is truly as close to discovering the truth as he said he is, you need to be careful. And you need to act now."

"It's too soon." The man denies the indirect orders, letting his chin rest on his wife's shoulder.

"Act before they discover the truth, son."

"If they realize that something is amiss, it is not too soon. We need to act before it is too late." The wife says, for once disagreeing with her husband.

"Darling, we created this plan together. We calculated all the risk."

"Yes, with the thought in mind that nobody would be suspicious or decide to look into it," she tells them both, "we never looked at the bigger picture."

"And this will be your downfall, son." The older man sides with the wife.

"But it is too soon. We are not yet where we are supposed to be."

"We are running out of time." She tells him, turning around to look at him.

For a moment, they silently look at each other and communicate everything that cannot be said out loud.

"We will make a new plan and try our best, but it is too early to fully act yet."

"It might not be enough." The wife points out.

"We will have to take the risk."