• 03

Third PoV

"Luciano! I won't ask you again to come down!" Leandro irritatedly yells up the stairs. He and his siblings are all already sitting at the table with their dinner in front of them while Luciano is upstairs in his room, refusing to come down or even acknowledge the attempts to get him to come downstairs and join them.

"You can already start eating if you want." Adriano softly tells Siena, gesturing to the filled plate with a calm expression and a smile.

"I don't like the food." Siena shrugs, looking up at Adriano's taller form. After twelve years as a captive, the first meal she eats with her brothers should be one she likes. And the meal in front of her, makes her wonder if her brothers ever even considered her as an individual with likes and dislikes that vary from their own.

How could they even look her into the eyes and claim that they missed her and care about her when they can't remember something as simple as a dish she doesn't like. She didn't eat pasta as a child and she won't start doing it now purely because she is free.

"What?" Dario incredulously asks her, trying to suppress his laughter as much as he can right now. The pout on her face together with her self righteous expression and Luciano's attitude, he doesn't know how he's supposed to stay silent and serious. He wants to burst out laughing any second now but Emilio's glare lets him know that it wouldn't be a good idea to do so.

"Luciano!" Leandro yells up the stairs again. His voice is tainted by the anger he feels. At himself for not remembering his sister's food preferences and at Luciano for acting like a brat. He internally cusses Emilio and himself for not solving Luciano's problems when they were able to. He's even going as far as cussing his father for putting such a brat as Luciano into this world and allowing him to roam around freely, effectively making everyone's life more difficult than it needs to be at the end of the day.

"I'm coming!" Luciano yells back between laughter. He's almost tripping over his own legs when he's walking down the stairs. The shaking caused by laughter is making it hard for him to keep his balance. Especially with the mental image of Siena throwing a tantrum over such an insignificant thing in the kitchen.

The image of it is even tempting enough for him to follow his brother's calls and join them in the kitchen.

Dario bursts out in laughter when he lays his eyes on his older brother. Luciano joins him in it once again. The remaining brothers irritatedly look up at him while Siena is still sitting at the dinner table, looking down at her plate in annoyance.

She doesn't know what else to do right now. She's angry at her brothers for being so stupid and she's also angry at two of them - especially Luciano - for laughing about her like that, right in front of her.

Her brothers promised her that she is safe. In her mind, being safe does not include being ridiculed by her brothers over such insignificant things or anything for that matter.

Being safe does include being away from those monsters and living the life she deserves and blossoming in it. It doesn't matter if it's with or without her brothers, but she at least wants them to respect her the way they would respect a two year old version of her for as long as they live together.

"Enough!" Emilio harshly tells the two laughing brothers that can't stop themselves from laughing out loud. Dario's laughing momentarily quietens down when he hears the tone of voice, but it's to hard for him to keep quiet when his older brother is still laughing.

"Dario!" Adriano pushes his elbow into his brother's side, hitting against his rips. His twin hisses, once again silencing his laughter and not picking it back up this time. He simply cannot do this when his brother continues to push his elbow against his ribs with the intention to hurt him as much as possible.