Chapter 1 Part 8- Roped Up in a Killing Game

Start from the beginning

"I mean, I could be, but I'm not." He responded.

"Of course it's you-" Imamura began.

"Imamura, Sugai wouldn't give Otani an alibi if he was the killer." I said. Imamura looked back o him.

"B- but-" she replied.

"Just drop it." I said. She took a long sigh.

"Fine..." she responded. "Well, if it's not him, who do you think it is?" I paused, looking at the people around me.

"Well... if I had to say..." I stared for another moment. "Maybe one of the people delivering food."

"What!?" Sazama, Kawata, Naito and Shishido blurted out in unison.

"Unless someone poisoned it after the dish was served, then it could only be one of you four." I said. "Do you guys know which person served what?" They fell silent.

"Um, well, I think we all kind of forgot..." Kawata said nervously.

"I think we can figure out whether or not the killer was the person handing out dishes or not!" Morita said, a bright smile on her face. "I don't remember who gave her the dish, but I do remember that she picked it up as soon as it was placed down!"

"So... it is one of them." Arima said, sadly looking to the group.

"But who did it? If Morita doesn't even remember, how are we supposed to know?" Tengan replied.

"I think there's a different way to figure out who the killer is..." Miyazaki began. "Whoever doesn't have an alibi for 1:30 to 4:00 is the culprit."

"Shishido was outside with me when the incident took place." I said.

"Naito was with Sugai and I, investigating the library on the top floor." Kajiwara said.

"So... that leaves Kawata and Sazama." I said. The two of them suddenly had a sense of dread appear on their faces.

"How about... you guys recall the events after the party." Taguchi replied, a huge smirk across his face.

Non-stop Debate!

Murder File 1

"S- so, after the party, I left the dining hall and noticed Furuya reading the Mystery Novel..." Kawata began.

"And I went to my room."

"Why did you go to your room?" Imamura asked.

"I- I didn't know what else to do! So I just, stayed there."

"What about you Sazama? What did you do?" Arima asked.

"Well, I left as soon as I could, because I didn't want to help clean up the plates..."

"So I ended up going to my room. There just wasn't anything I wanted to do."

"Did either of you see a missing key?" Otani asked.

"Missing Key?" They both replied.

"It's no use... there's nothing suspicious about their alibi's..." Taguchi said.

I... I don't know. There has to be something that I can use to figure out who it was.

"Wait..." Otani said. "I... I don't remember Furuya reading a book when I left."

"WHAT!?" Kawata yelled out in a panic.

"So, it was Kawata..." Tengan said. "I will say... this murder was mighty devious. Especially for a police officer."

"BUT I DIDN'T DO IT!!! I'M NOT THE KILLER!!! I WOULDN'T DO THIS!!! I SWEAR SHE WAS READING THAT BOOK WHEN I LEFT!!'" He screamed, tears in his eyes.

"It has to be you. After all, before I could pass anything out, I walked Hirano to her room, remember?" Sazama said.