The Finale (Part One)

Lightning crackled across the sky as a downpour of rain flooded the Arena.

Atop a grand mountain, Akuma stood, facing the furious wind.

Behind him, from the mouth of a damp cave, came a low guttural noise that could only be described as an animal about to pounce on its prey.

"The rumors were true after all. There is a beast in this cursed land."

He turned around, eyes practically glowing with furious determination.

"Your death will bring me no satisfaction, though I must rid the world of your weakness."

A pair of chains flew out towards him. He grabbed them before they could wrap around his neck and yanked as hard as he could.

The Chained Man came flying out from the cave's entrance. It planted its feet on the slippery ground in an attempt to regain balance.

"This is a waste of my time. You are no demon. You are merely a spirit. Allow me to extinguish your soul!"

Akuma conjured up a purple ball of flame and hurled it. The beast quickly jumped to the side before lurching forward and slashing wildly with its claws.

Blood splattered against the cold stone ground as Akuma's chest was torn wide open. He staggered backwards, raising his arms in a desperate attempt to shield himself from the oncoming attacks.

The Chained Man grabbed him by the shoulders and sank its fangs into his neck. Viscous red liquid gushed out of the open wound, and the beast tore off an extra bit of flesh as the demon jumped back.

Akuma roared in pain. Rage flashed in his eyes. He lunged at the monster, pummeling it over and over again with his fists.

Dark bruises started forming all over its scarred skin. Enraged, the beast lashed out, whipping Akuma with its rust-covered chains.

The blow was strong enough to send him sailing into the air. He slowly got back up on two wobbly legs. Everything around him was spinning.

While Akuma was struggling to regain focus, the Chained Man clawed at his face. His vision grew blurry as an eye was torn out from its socket.

The monster continued its assault by grabbing him by the neck and slamming him into the ground with enough force to break the stone beneath him.

Akuma fought to stay in control. It was pointless. There was no use in holding back now. The darkness he had been struggling to contain now took full control.