Night Four

Snape stayed awake all night because he could not handle another nightmare about events that had not yet come to pass.

Octavian and Luna told stories about themselves to each other. As the night waned on, they slowly became more and more drowsy. They eventually fell asleep next to each other beneath a starry sky.

Thalia thought about her fellow Hunters of Artemis. She reminisced on all the fun times they had together. Her heart swelled with newfound purpose. She was going to win this game no matter what.

Reyna found a rat on the ground. Unlike Piper and Percy, she was not so easily fooled by this trick. She pulled out her sword and aimed it at the rodent.

"Reveal yourself, sorcerer!"

Peter Pettigrew did as he was told. Before Reyna could react, he pulled out his wand and pointed it at her.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

The young Praetor fell dead in an instant.

Dobby talked to Chiron about some things that had been troubling him for a while. The wise mentor gave him advice on how to deal with past trauma. Dobby clung onto every word, determined to better himself.

Fred received an explosive from an unknown sponsor.

Throughout the night, Tyson, Jason, and Dumbledore tried to convince Hermione to join their team. Each time, she would drive them off with a curse or two.

Piper and Rachel discussed ways to find and kill the beast that had slaughtered their friend.

Percy, Ginny, and Leo banded together increase their chances of survival. Though Ginny did not know what they were protecting themselves from, she did know that these guys were friends of Jason, and he trusted him. That meant that she could probably trust them too.

As they made their way deeper into the woods, they heard a quiet rustling sound. Leo summoned a small fireball into the palm of his hand for light. The trio shrieked in terror when they saw Coach Hedge hanging from a tree with a chain wrapped around his throat.

Nico's beaten body hit the ground with a sad thump. A thick trail of blood leaked out from the corner of his mouth. He tried once more to stand, this time using his sword as a crutch, only to fall back onto his bruised knees.

Akuma's hulking mass towered over him.

"This is the last time I'm going to ask you-"

He slammed his fist into Nico's gut.

"-WHERE IS AFTON!?"

The son of Hades curled up in a fetal position, holding his sides in excruciating pain.

"I-I told you, I don't know who you're talking about..."

Akuma picked him up by the throat and slammed him against a tree.

"LIES! You must know who he is. He was the last one to survive this cursed Arena."

Nico had no idea what the demon was talking about, yet it was starting to give him an idea.

"Fine! I'll tell you where he is, but you must do something for me first," he managed before coughing up more blood.

Akuma studied him for a moment. It would be much more convenient just to kill him now. Though, that might mean never being able to find Afton.

"What is your request?"