There was another knock on the door, and Coach didn't even have a chance to answer before Tegan opened the door and came in, fuming.

"You bitch!" she snarled. "Who else knows?" I guess she'd got the good word too, the cops probably called her about the restraining order being faked.

"By tonight, anyone who watches ESPN or any sports news show will know," I replied. "I gave you a chance to make it right, and you declined." I tossed the plastic bag to her. "But I did bring you your shoes. I wouldn't want you to not have a second pair in case you lose them again."

"Fuck you!"

"No thanks, we tried that, but it was better when I took care of it myself. I'm pretty sure you were so used to sucking dicks, that you forgot how to lick a pussy."

"You're going to ruin my life!" she screamed.

"And you tried to ruin mine, what did you expect me to do, sit there and take it? This is all on you!"

"You should have just gone away!" Tegan yelled back. Right, I should just take her crap and go away. Honestly, if it weren't for Skye, I probably would have, not knowing I had other options.

"What will you do now?" Coach Austin asked, trying to calm things down. That wasn't going to help. "Do you think this is the end of things?"

"Absofuckinglutely not!" I laughed. "I'm going to find a team, preferably here in the same conference so I can take great pleasure in crushing your team every damned year until I graduate."

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Tegan said in a low voice.

"You're welcome to try. But I know I can kick your ass, just like I did in the scrimmage. Not to mention, you already lost a lot of depth on the team, so you'll be struggling just to get to the tournament. Oh, and I'm sure this scandal will look great for future recruiting. Who would want to go play with a bitch that would try to set up her teammate like that? It wouldn't shock me if you lose more transfers than me and Leah."

I stood up to leave the room, and Tegan wouldn't move. "I'm going to destroy you on the court," she claimed. I just smiled and flipped her off.

"You fucked up Coach. You backed your little princess here, thinking she was all that." I moved Tegan slightly to the side so I could get to the door. "But my mom, she named me Reign because I'm a fucking Queen, and I will own this bitch of a team." I didn't bother to slam the door, I just left, hearing them yelling at each other now.

I left the office feeling good. I still didn't have a team, but I knew that would come. I already had a dozen texts and calls from unknown numbers that were undoubtably from other colleges that would want me to come play for them. Skye had already suggested that Leah and I plan to meet at her bar for dinner to go over our options, and I just hoped there was a school that would take us both. I didn't even care if it was an amazing team, I just wanted the chance to play against Tegan again.

Once my errands were taken care of, I took a deep breath and made my next stop. Ever since Tegan had reached out to touch my dreadlocks at the bar, I'd felt dirty. They were one of the things she'd really liked about me, and memories of her tugging on them made me feel queasy now. I'd been growing them out for over ten years, but today they were going away. I had to explain to the hairdresser why I was doing it before she agreed, though she looked heartbroken that I wanted her to cut them off. But I needed a new start, and this was the first step. Once they were gone, she applied bleach, and we let it sit for a while.

By the time I was ready to head over to the bar for dinner, my hair was much different, and I just smiled at my reflection. Once the bleach was done, the stylist had applied the dye to make it pure white, and it had come out great. It hadn't taken long with my hair cut so short, and I loved the way it looked. I just hoped that Skye liked it!

With my hair done, I drove over to the bar, claiming a booth this time since I knew that Gee and Leah would be joining me for dinner. When Skye saw me, she darted around the bar and ran over to the booth, her hands reaching for my hair.

"Can I?" she asked breathlessly. I nodded quickly, and she lightly ran her fingers over the short hair that was all I had left, a soft smile on her face. "This feels amazing! I can't believe you did this!"

"I didn't want the dreadlocks anymore, so I got a new start."

"Because of Tegan?" Skye moved her hand down my face, cupping my cheeks as I nodded again. "You know that doesn't bother me, right? You have an open heart and she took advantage. You just need someone to help give your heart the care it deserves."

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her onto my lap. "Are you volunteering for that?"

"I thought I'd made that clear. I very much want that position."

"What other positions might you like?" I teased, wondering how much I could make her blush.

The answer was, a lot, as her face turned crimson before she buried her face in my neck. "I can't believe I didn't see that coming!"

"Mmmm, I want to be the one that see's you cumming!"

"Stop that!" she hit me lightly now and couldn't stop giggling. "No more teasing or I won't feed you."

"You could just sit on my face and feed me you know," I murmured, making her sit up in shock.

"You're not going to stop, are you?"

"I'm sorry. I'm in such a great mood today, and I love teasing you since you're so good at doing that to me. But I'll try to behave."

"You have to behave until our date, then we'll see about the rest. Let me get some food going!" She shot me a little wink, and then headed back to the kitchen. I just watched her until she was out of sight, blissfully happy at my new beginning.

I had my laptop with me, and I booted it up to start getting organized. Opening a spreadsheet, I started making a list of all the contacts I had in my texts and voice mails. It was a little overwhelming. By the time I was done organizing everything, I had close to thirty schools listed that wanted me to come play with them. I was having a hard time breathing as I looked over the list. A lot of them weren't close, like Oregon and USC, but Wake Forrest was on the list, as was Georgia. Both of those were relatively close.

I felt bad though, because no matter which one I chose, I'd be going further away from Skye, and Leah would be leaving Gee for a bit. I didn't like the thought of either one of those happening. There had to be a better solution. My bliss was slowly fading already.