143| The Honeymooners

ابدأ من البداية

"I rest my case." Shawn muttered. All he wanted was for Zoey to be happy. "Okay. We can hire a wedding planner."

Zoey leaned over and pressed a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you! Thank you! I love you so much!"

David, Lucy, Shawn and Zoey started discussing about the wedding.

"By the way, how many guests are we talking about?" Lucy wondered. "Everything will depend on the number of guests you are planning invite."

Shawn looked at Zoey who is smiling at him which is not a good sign.

"Two hundred." Zoey answered.

"So, who should we get for a wedding planner?" Shawn wondered.

"I can do it." David offered. "I have little experience but I can help pay for the wedding. It's the least I can do for you guys."

Shawn and Zoey glanced at each other and nodded.

David opened his laptop. They started with the number of guests as that is where everything else will depend. He asked Zoey and Shawn preferred churches and receptions.

As time passed David was already beginning to see the wedding the engaged couple had in mind.

Moments later they all were checking on the photos of the previous weddings.

They then covered what they're missing. The four of them started discussing new details of the wedding. Shawn felt nervous. His and Zoey's wedding is turning into an 'event' not an intimate and solemn wedding ceremony like he wish to.

David must have noticed Shawn getting quiet because he tried to get him involved on the discussion between live music or a DJ.

"How about you, Shawn? How do you feel about live bands?" David asked.

"Why not?" Shawn answered.

Zoey glanced over at her fiancée and noticed the hesitation in his voice as he shifted uncomfortably. She took a moment and realized that she was being selfish about the planning and didn't consider Shawn's ideas.

"Actually, let's have the wedding in the backyard." Zoey announced unexpectedly. Shawn looked at her in confusion. She reached over and grabbed a hold of his hand. "The backyard is perfect for an intimate venue."

"How about this? You two just have to worry about the dress and tuxedos, and your mother and I will plan the rest of the wedding. I've gotten to know the basics of what you two want for a wedding anyways." David said.

Shawn gave Zoey a warm smile. "I think we can trust him."

Zoey smiled and pressed a soft kiss against his lips.

••••

The next day, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews got news from Cory and Topanga that they were coming back from their honeymoon. Everyone gathered inside the Matthews' living room, waiting for the newlyweds.

The front door swung open to reveal Cory and Topanga walking it with flower necklaces.

"Hey!" Everyone greeted.

"The newlyweds! How was the trip?" Mr. Matthews wondered.

"Unbelievably great." Topanga answered as she hugged her father-in-law.

"Almost didn't come home." Cory added.

Morgan walked over to her brother. "What did you bring me?"

"Nothing." Cory simply replied.

Mr. Feeny walked over to the newlyweds and embraced them. "Welcome home, Mr and Mrs. Matthews."

"Now it's official." Cory said proudly.

"I expect to see you in class tomorrow. Making up twelve days of lectures will be no easy task, especially the way I teach. Many nuances, you know." Mr. Feeny told them.

Mrs. Matthews stepped forward. "You'll never know how much we missed you."

"You'll never know how much we missed you." Cory responded.

"Come on, what did you bring me?!" Morgan demanded.

"So, how was the honeymoon? Did you ever leave the room?" Shawn questioned with a smirk.

"Yeah, we left." Topanga replied.

"But then we came back." Cory added.

Everyone gathered around the couple of the couch. Zoey sat beside the newlyweds while Shawn sat on the arm of the couch, rubbing his fiancée's arms from behind.

"What did it look like?" Zoey asked.

"I have no idea." Cory muttered.

"It was beautiful." Topanga answered.

"Tell us about it." Zoey insisted while Shawn rubbed her arms.

"Right about now, we'd be sittin' with our feet in the sand and watching the sun set." Topanga explained.

Cory smiled. "Having dinner between these two gorgeous little palm trees, staring out at the ocean."

"Wow. It sounds like paradise." Shawn stated.

"Almost." Cory responded.

___________________
PUBLISHED: March 10, 2019
WORDS: 1345