142| It's About Time

Zacznij od początku

••••

Zoey had eased most of Shawn's concerns, nothing could truly make the anxious feelings disappear except for talking with his best friend.

Still, Cory seemed adamant about ignoring their need to discuss it. Shawn's emotion fire up again and announced that he was quitting being the best man. But as usual, Zoey's logical comfort nagged at him to show up to the wedding in spite of everything.

Eric somehow held the wedding at The Philadelphia Victorian Hotel - which was very expensive. No one said a thing.

The room was filled with people as the best men and bridesmaids walked down the aisle as the wedding was about to start. Thankfully, Topanga had decided against the horrid pink dresses and instead went with a deep maroon colour that complimented all of the girls nicely.

The Wedding March song started when Topanga walked down the aisle with her father beside her.  Zoey couldn't help but smile as she watched the bride meet her soon-to-be husband at the altar.

When Topanga reached the alter, her father kissed her hand and placed it on Cory's. "Be good to each other."

Topanga smiled at Cory excitedly. "We've waited for this moment all our lives. What are you thinking?"

"I can't believe Shawn's not here." Cory replied truthfully.

"I love you too." Topanga responded.

Cory and Topanga held each other's hand tightly as they approached the Minister.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the wedding of Myra and Harold." The Minister announced.

Everyone looked at each other in confusion.

"Just keep goin'. Just keep goin'." Eric insisted.

"And now, a song from the mother of the groom, Mrs. Florence Peterman." The Minister informed.

Mrs. Matthews stood up from her spot and walked onto a small stage and began singing I Love You Truly.

Shawn then appeared as he hurried down the aisle to meet Cory. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. "Hey, you're gonna need these rings."

"Shawnie!" Cory exclaimed, taking the rings from him. "I knew you'd come."

"I wouldn't miss this, Cory." Shawn said earnestly.

"Look, I am so sorry for all the stuff that happened." Cory admitted.

"Well, you should be, but we'll talk about it after you get back from the honeymoon, okay?" Shawn insisted.

Cory narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean, I should be?"

"Cory, you've been being a jerk to me." Shawn told him plainly.

"That's because you're the one that forgot the tuxedos, and you're the one that didn't tie the tin cans. It's like you're trying to sabotage my wedding day!" Cory exclaimed.

"That's ridiculous! If I wanted to sabotage your wedding day. I'd do this." Shawn said, shoving his best friend.

Topanga hastily picked up the train of her dress and backed away with wide eyes.

Cory chuckled. "Boy, oh, boy. You, uh.... you do not wanna do that." He turned and crouched down. "Get him, Topanga!"

"You know what? I shouldn't have even come here! Have a wonderful life, jerk!" Shawn shouted, turning around and began walking away.

"You too, trailer trash!" Cory yelled.

Shawn turned to glare at the person that called his best friend, ignoring Eric's mocking laughter. He let out a loud yell. Cory and Shawn ran at each other angrily and grappled on the ground until Mr. Matthews, Mr. Lawrence and Jack pulled them apart.