Chapter 44: Hestia Familia

Start from the beginning

"I'm back!"

I walked towards the dining room, knowing that everyone would be there since it was breakfast time. I greeted everyone a good morning before taking my seat as they greeted me back. I sat on my seat and ate in silence, we all did. Don't get us wrong, we are happy that Wiene and the others are safe but we took a huge blow to it. In the back of some people's heads, we will be considered as the enemy.

I looked around me and I could see it in their eyes, we've all been hurt during this. So I decided to lighten the atmosphere by starting to tell them some of my adventures in the two different worlds I went to before returning. That lightened the mood a little bit. I got hit on the head a few times before being called reckless to which I argued that I naturally was.

"Lady Rinni, if I may ask, you said that it was familiar items that were left behind that brought you back here. Correct?" Haruhime asked

"Rinni is just fine, and yes, that is correct. The knife that was handed to me, I had the exact same knife as back in my world. The glasses that I got from those students, were the same pair I would wear. The students also did mention they found it in the area where I had disappeared. So theoretically, it would be items that I own in my world that would bring me back. Which reminds me, was there anything left behind after I disappeared?"

"I noticed a handkerchief on your seat when you disappeared. Last I know is that I gave it to the Goddess" Bell said

"Goddess, may I see it later? I just wanna check if it's familiar or not."

Hestia hesitantly nodded after everyone fell silent. I can understand why honestly. Like in MHA, I just got back and I'm going to leave again. I'm betting that's what's inside their heads right now.

"I understand the hesitance. I just came back and I might leave again. I care about you all, I really do, but you guys know that this isn't my real home. No matter what we all do, yes it will be home but it will never be my real home if that makes sense. I'll stay a little longer but still... There are some things I still need to do back in my world. Like fulfilling my late parents' wish for me to graduate college, find a good job, and enjoy life. And maybe, just maybe, somewhere along that I'd have a family of my own and I'll tell them all my adventures, even ours. And again, maybe, just maybe... I can find a way back here. Again, I really care about you guys and that will never change, but I need to go home"

"Okay, I'll give it to you but promise me that you'll stay longer and if you're leaving tell us. The least we can do is give you a proper goodbye. You suddenly left last time so don't repeat that."

"Of course, I promise Goddess Hestia."

We all finished eating and I helped clean the table and wash the dishes. Afterward, I went to Hestia's room and knocked on the door. I heard a faint come in before I opened the door and went inside the room.

"I don't want you coming into contact with this thing yet so do you have anything you can use to hide it?"

"Actually I found a small box in my room when I was arranging my stuff after moving in. I'll get it, so, be right back."

I went out of the room and jogged towards mine to look for the box I was talking about. I went inside my room and walked to the dresser, and I opened a drawer and grabbed a pine-colored box with a latch on the front of it. I opened it and found it empty just like before. I went back to the Goddess' room and presented the box to her. She grabbed the item I left behind, which was a handkerchief, and placed it in the box.

I thanked Hestia and left the room after she reminded me of my promise. I stayed for some time before I knew I needed to leave. I warned them that within a week's time, I'll be leaving which leaves us to right now. I sat on a block on the top of the wall, waiting for the sunrise.

"So you're leaving again and this time for good?" I heard a voice behind me

I looked and saw Bette. I sadly smiled at him before patting the spot next to me, this time he sat next to me.

"How did you know?"

"I overheard some members of your familia. So where are you going now?"

"Home. I'm going home because I need to. I know the Hestia familia is also home but..."

"Home is home."

"Yeah..."

The both of us stayed silent as the sun began to rise. Once it had risen I closed my eyes and felt the warmth of the sun's rays of this world. I sighed before standing up and going away from the edge of the wall.

"My familia's waiting for me, I have to go now. They're probably wanting to give me a send-off party or something."

"Why couldn't you just stay?"

"Well, you said it yourself, home is home. Nothing changes that. See ya Bette" I heard him scoff

"At least give a more proper goodbye Aragami"

"Nah, that's what you'll get from me. Besides... I've always hated goodbyes."

I walked away and left Bette sitting in the same spot after giving him a smile and a short wave. When I got back to the familia house, Lili was looking for me. Everyone thought I had already left but I told them I left a note on the door of my room saying I was gonna watch the sunrise.

With that, we had a small farewell party before I grabbed the box and opened it. I smiled sadly at them before putting the box down and stretching my arms wide as I could, offering everyone a hug. I embraced them one final time.

"Even if I'm not here, I'm always a part of you all. I'm a child of the Hestia Familia and that will never change. Like I said before, I'm proud to be in this familia. And I promise to remember you guys, I'll get a tattoo of the familia crest when I reach my own world."

I was pinched a bit before telling them to be always careful and not to be too reckless. I let go and saw some of them had tears running down their faces. I quickly wiped away mine and smiled at them once more. Then I touched the handkerchief and I'm off to the world of the Seven Deadly Sins.