Chapter 34: Sports Festival

Rinni's POV

After the USJ incident I was placed in somewhat heavier surveillance and classes were suspended for some time. So when they started up again everyone was talking about the villain attack, I did join in talking with some of my classmates which now led to the discussion of my "quirk".

"What happened to you during the USJ, Bellereve?" asked Midorya

"Honestly, all I remember was fighting Nomu and then everything went black. Probably lost control."

"Yeah, you were just attacking the Nomu." Uraraka said

You're all probably wondering, why in some dimensions I refer to some people by their last names and some by their first names. Simple really, it all depends on the setting.

With Demon Slayer, yes the hashiras are my trainers but with the time we've spent they were just okay with me calling them by their first names, except Sanemi though. That dude's still pissed that I sprained his knee but we're in neutral terms because of the gift I gave him before the Final Selection.

With the Fire Force, it was more of a formal military style setting so it was logical to use last names. And now, since it's a school setting, it's honestly much easier for people to remember last names than first names. I could give more examples but I think I've said enough.

Anyway, before anyone else could reply to the conversation, Iida told us to go take our seats, to which some of us did. We patiently waited for the teacher to come inside the room, and some were talking about who was going to be taking over the class. The door opens and a mummified Mr. Aizawa steps in, which shocks everyone else.

He then told everyone to quiet down and not worry about his health too much. He then began to explain about the sports festival and this got everyone, including me, excited. I'm not usually looking for fights but with how things are here and in previous worlds, I'm slightly itching for one because of it.

"Now before we proceed, Bellereve, I would like to inform you, you are not allowed to participate in the UA Sports Festival"

"What?!" I scream

"I'll explain later on in private. Just for now know that you aren't allowed to participate."

After that classes went on as usual, with some of my classmates feeling sorry for me because I won't be able to participate in the sports festival. When the school day ended they explained to me why I wasn't allowed to participate. UA was rather afraid that I'd lose control like I did in the USJ incident, can't really blame them for that. So, in the end, I agreed to it.

Two weeks seem to pass and I would just be sitting on the bleachers where my class sits during events. Though I was allowed to walk out with my classmates, afterward I had to leave and head straight to my seat. I just watched everyone participate, eventually cheering on some of my classmates to win. When the cavalry battle was done and everyone was paired up for their matches, everyone proceeded to take a break.

"Now before the preliminary battle rounds, there will be a special exhibition match. Please take note that this is just going to be a one-time thing. Anyway, let's head off to the recreational activities!"

I went down to meet up with Midoriya, Iida, and Uraraka, and we all began to talk about what the special match was about. We ate some food so those three could recharge and we basically took it easy. As we were heading back to the bleachers we spotted Ectoplasm by the stairway.

"Bellereve, I need you to come with me. Principal Nezu's orders."

The three were immediately worried but I told them I was gonna be fine and I followed Ectoplasm towards the tunnel that led to the battle arena.

"Wait why am I here?"

"Just go out there when you're name is called" Before I could even ask anything I heard Mic's voice

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome back! Now as I said earlier UA has prepared a special exhibition match for you all! This match is between a teacher and a student! Now let me introduce you to Class 1A's very own aragami! Rinni Rayne Bellereve!"

I was pushed forward by Ectoplasm and I began to walk to the arena, still confused. I thought I wasn't allowed to participate, yet why are they doing this?

"For the UA teacher's side, he's class 1B's homeroom teacher! Vlad King!"

Everyone's cheers were louder as Vlad stepped out and walked to the arena. I looked around and found my classmates staring at me with worry, well Bakugo looked mad but most importantly I noticed they were all shocked and confused as well.

"Begin!" Midnight yells

Vlad King instantly sent an attack my way and I jumped up, dodging it. I took a deep breath and charged at the hero, sending a flurry of kicks and punches his way after coming in close range. He used his quirk to trap my foot before sending punches and kicks my way, and I tried my best to dodge them. I guess they're trying to get me to use the ability and I did.

I broke free from the trap and began to attack Vlad with my ability, knowing I couldn't change back because I might as well quit if I did so. Swings kicks, and dodges went on. I would relatively remain in mid or close range as the fight goes on. He would keep trying to trap me once again or get me close to the edge, meanwhile, I would dodge and try to incapacitate him.

I know I can last long in this fight because of all the training I've done, as well as the breathing techniques to help me not be easily tired and keep a great amount of oxygen in my body. But the only downside is if I turn my hands back then I'll be incapacitated due to the pain for a good amount of time.

If I play my cards right then I may be able to win this. He's a hero so it'll take some time before the drawback of his quirk kicks in, and I don't have the luxury of time. He may be a hero but he hasn't trained like me. So, if I can quickly tire him out then I can get him out of the ring and win.

I charged towards Vlad Kind, sending another flurry of kicks and slashes, basically trying to get him to move as much as possible so he'd be a bit winded. I didn't let up as I kept going until I finally saw my opening. I trapped him with both of my transformed arms and kneed him on the stomach before kicking him in the chest. This sent him skidding a little bit across the arena floor. I rushed towards him and pointed the bladed part of my transformed arm slightly above his neck.

I panted as Midnight declared me the winner. I turned my arms back to normal and I was immediately ushered out of the arena saying I looked like I was about to faint. Which was true, The pain crept up so quickly that I almost fainted from shock the moment I turned my arms back to normal. When I reached the safety of being in not anyone's view, that's when I fainted.

I came to, I was still feeling pain and the match between Todoroki and Midorya was already done. When I went back to the bleachers my classmates immediately fussed over me, asking if I was alright and so on. I told them I was fine and just using my "quirk" for too long cause of that. They did point out that they could see some markings on my neck, which I explained as being another drawback. The day went on and everyone had fun watching the rest of the matches.

I laughed at Bakugo when they showed him being restrained in the awarding ceremony. The next few days we were all able to relax before school started up again. When homeroom happened, Mr. Aizawa told us to choose our hero names, and I decided to go with Aragami. Yeah, I'm gonna stick to that name and I ain't changing it. Midnight at first was against it, but I explained that Present Mic already introduced me as one so I might as well have taken it. Then internship offers started to be handed out.

Apparently, a lot of people had offers for me but UA declined those offers for me, saying that I am still under strict surveillance. So everyone went on with their internships while I was stuck at UA Campus.