Chapter 27: Travels and a Trial

Rinni's POV

I sat in the Boar Hat tavern as I wrote down possible dishes I could make with what we have, seeing as I have to cook them. Plus there was nothing more to do so technically I'm writing just to pass the time and get rid of boredom. King and Ban had left, traveling towards the Fairy King's Forest. I made a deal with Meliodas that I'll be cooking as long as I travel with them and it was needed since Ban had left. But beyond that, I'm surprised that I felt the immense blood lust similar to how I used to feel it when I was in Demon Slayer and demons are around. I do know that the Ten Commandments are free. Quite honestly I hang out in the Boar Hat Tavern more since I do now work in the said establishment, but I do tend to go to Merlin, asking for a little help here and there.

I would have gone with Meliodas to go to Merlin's castle, but no thanks. I know I won't be able to keep my mouth quiet knowing what Gowther is doing. I twirl the pen that I was holding in my fingers, trying to forget a little more of what's going to happen. I stayed in the boar hat, but all of a sudden I felt a mass power overcome the whole town. I quickly got up and began to run to where Diane and Gowther were. I saw her jump to punch Gowther but I was too late, I couldn't even warn her. A bright light comes over and I cover my eyes. Once it was gone, I jumped into action and restrained Gowther. I looked around and saw the true destruction that was left.

"Are you fucking happy with what you've done?! Is this what someone would do to the people they love or even have a semblance of importance in their life?! Hell no! You've just caused mass destruction and hurt people you claim to care about! If you're gonna look for a fucking heart then don't use others!"

I heard Meliodas and Merlin approach and I let go of him. I huffed and walked towards Elizabeth to help Diane, Guila, and Zeal. After everyone woke up and Guila's memories, along with Zeal's, Merlin used absolute cancel and turned Gowther back into a doll. I brought out my medicine and took one, Merlin did say it was somewhat safe to drink it at least 3 times a day. I walked in silence towards the Boar Hat tavern. I stepped inside and sat down in my previous seat and continued writing. Suddenly, Merlin brought us to Camelot.

I dropped my pen and ran out. I stood by with the sins as I saw the giant beast Albion. I know there's another one of these attacking the Fairy King's forest but King has it handled. Hawk's Mom dodges the attack before Albion begins to attack Camelot once more. Before anyone can get hurt Meliodas steps in and fully counters the attack back at the giant beast. Soon enough Meliodas beat Albion and we stood near Arthur, exchanging words.

"It's good to see you again Rinni"

"Likewise King Arthur."

"No need to call me by my title Rinni, we're friends after all"

"True, but I did play the part of a Grandmaster so some formalities are needed" I said in a slightly teasing voice

"Fair enough, but it's all done now, so now we're friends." he argued

"Touche"

A few exchanges of words were given, but sadly the peace didn't last. The storm has now begun. A loud crash happens as Galan from the Ten Commandments landed in front of everyone. I know I won't be able to do anything but I stood next to Merlin.

"Don't do anything reckless. Remember, he is a commandment, that means whatever it is, if you do the opposite it will affect you." I mumbled enough for Merlin to hear

Meliodas soon attacks. Did I forget to mention I was placed in a perfect cube for my protection? Yeah, I was trapped there. I banged on the cube as I wanted to get out and help. I could only watch as Merlin tried to strike a deal with Galand. My pleas and warnings were heard on deaf ears as I watched the consequences of lying to the commandment of truth ensue. I watched as Meliodas, Diane, and Slader were mercilessly attacked.