Chapter 19: Mission 1

Start from the beginning

"On the walls and the ground."

"Right. Go with Kazumi-san and take a look around town. See if you can track the center if it. I'll go gather more information. We'll meet up near the town entrance before sundown."

"Okay."

We all went our separate ways. I didn't need to ask around because I knew what demon we would be facing. I already had a strategy to fight this demon as well, and it was a simple one too. So what I did was I decided to write a letter to the Master and give an update to the hashiras, just to tell them how I am and what I am currently doing. I looked for a store where I could buy ink, a brush, and some paper, and when I did, I bought the items I needed. Once done with it, I walked around to find a secluded place. I soon wrote down a written message for the Master when I was sure that no one else was in my location.

Master, I am currently on my first mission with a demon slayer named Tanjiro Kamado. He is accompanied by a demon, his little sister, named Nezuko. I can tell you now that Nezuko will bring no harm to any human. I would bet my own life for that, willing to commit seppuku if ever any harm were to come to a human because of Nezuko.

I had stayed with them for two weeks while waiting for a mission and for Tanjiro's sword to be delivered by a bladesmith. Within those two weeks, Nezuko would have been dead if she had attacked, but she didn't. All Nezuko did was sleep and stayed by her brother's side.

For now Master, please do not tell the hashiras about this. And If Tanjiro is ever to be put on trial, please try to convince them that we need every helping hand we can get against Muzan.

I folded the letter once the ink was dry, then raised my hand as if I was expecting a bird to land on it. My kasugai crow comes flying in and lands on my hand. I gave it the letter.

"Bring this letter to Master Ubuyashiki. And send word to the hashiras that I am doing well and that I am already embarking on missions."

The crow quickly caws before flying away, following my orders. I look at the sky to check on the time. It seems I have more time to spare so I decided to walk around the town, getting the layout of it. When it was almost sundown I had gone to the entrance of the village to meet up with Tanjiro and Kazumi. I saw them waiting for me at the bridge so I quickened my pace.

"So what did you find?" I asked

"The scent is all over the town, still uneven. There isn't a specific point on where the disappearances happen." Tanjiro replied

"Figures as much. Everyone just told me where and when did the girls disappear but as you said, no specific point on where the disappearances happened. The only common ground is that they were all sixteen. So now we wait..."

"Right. But I want to go patrolling the area, maybe I'll be able to pinpoint it now since it will be dark soon." Tanjiro said

"Alright, let's go."

I led the way back into the town. The sun slowly goes down and I slightly grip the handle of my ax. Soon enough it was dark, Tanjiro and I patrolled while Kazumi followed us.

"Are you two really gonna keep going?" Mr. Kazumi asked

"Yes!" was Tanjiro's reply