136| Show Me The Love

Start from the beginning

"How do you know I wouldn't hurt you?" She questioned.

"Because I know you love me." He answered simply.

"That's why I can't marry you." Topanga replied. She then walked out of the room to return to her dorm.

"She's nuts." Shawn stated. "Zo, I know how much you respect her but don't let her influence you. You know how you feel about me. Trust your heart. Don't listen to your brain because your brain and your heart are enemies and your brain will...."

"I'm sorry, Shawnie." Zoey interrupted him apologetically. "Topanga makes sense."

With that, Zoey followed Topanga out of the room.

Shawn sank down onto his mattress. ".... kill me dead."

••••

The group made their way into the Student Union. Zoey couldn't help but sigh in annoyance as Shawn continued to follow her around, asking about their relationship.

"What about everything that happened before Summer?" Shawn questioned.

Zoey stopped and turned to face him. "What happened?"

"At Feeny's wedding, I put my hand on your hand and you pulled it away, and I did it again and you pulled it away, and I wrapped my arms around your shoulder and you didn't pull away." Shawn explained.

"So?" Zoey asked.

Shawn smirked. "You know you liked it."

"We're friends, Shawnie." Zoey clarified.

"I don't want to be friends with you. I can hate you or love you for the rest of my life. Those are the choices as far as I see it." Shawn told her. He walked over to his best friend. "You know, she got this crap from Topanga. If you knew how to keep your girlfriend-"

"Keep her what?" Cory questioned, his voice raising. "Happy? Pleasant? Quiet? I don't know how to do any of those things."

"Hey, guys, welcome back." Jack greeted from his place at the table, drinking a coffee with Rachel.

Zoey stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Jack. "Hey, how are you?"

"Hello, Jack and Rachel. Very good. Just the people to tell these women how to keep themselves in line." Cory said.

"Will you please tell these two that being in love is the greatest thing there is?" Shawn asked.

"Tell them." Cory insisted. "Girls, listen. Listen."

"Jack and I broke up." Rachel announced.

"You morons." Cory hissed.

"You killed us." Shawn growled.

Without a word, Topanga began walking out of the Student Union.

"Topanga!" Cory called as he followed after her. "You're g- you're gonna listen to them?"

Zoey walked over to Shawn and placed a hand on his chest. "Friends, okay?"

"Hate you or love you." Shawn declared. "And know this, I hate as good as I love."

"Goodbye, Shawn." Zoey said before she turned around and walked out of the Student Union.

••••

Later that day, Topanga and Zoey walked to the boys' dorm room to discuss something with them. They walked up to the door and knocked. A moment later, the door opened to reveal Shawn and Cory on the other side.