Chapter 20

May 2013

The blonde and brunette duo were not happy to be moving to New York again. Honestly they hated living there before, and were both sure they'd hate it that time as well. They knew what it was like to find the best friends and lose them, and the two of them didn't want to go through that again.

"Spencer Casey." The blonde answered the woman quietly, playing with the straps on her backpack.

Standing up straight and holding up a paper, the woman smiled softly. "Ah, here it is." She paused, glancing at Natalia. "And you dear?"

"Natalie Williams." Spencer didn't think she had ever heard her friend sound so bored out of her mind before they were each handed papers. "Thank you, we can find our way around ourselves."

"Well actually, Sebastian here is part of our leadership program, he offered to show you ladies around." The woman from the office smiled and gestured towards a boy standing to the side who gave a small wave. "I believe Isaac should be with you Sebastian? Do you know where he is?"

"He'll be back in a minute, said something about talking to Mr. Ritter about the upcoming test." The boy smiled softly, looking over to the two girls. Pretty.

"Sounds about right, the two of you are always on top of your grades." She smiled. "Could you start by showing these two to their lockers and I'll send Isaac your way if he comes back here?"

"Of course, Ms. Edwards." The boy they knew as Sebastian smiled and looked at the two girls before heading out the office with them following. "So, why are you guys starting at the end of the school year, do you know each other?"

"Yeah, we 've always grown up together." Spencer Smiled, stepping to walk beside the boy. "Our dads just got new jobs here so we moved from Australia."

"Australia? That's so cool." Sebastian grinned as he stopped in front of some lockers. He then glanced down at the paper he had in his hand. "So it looks like– Natalia? Is that how you say it?"

She nodded with a small smile as another boy walked up to the three of them. "Seeing as I guess you're our first friend here, you can call me Nat."

"Can I be your second friend?" The boy that had walked up smiled, leaning against the lockers. "I'm Isaac."

"Natalia, nice to meet you." The dark haired girl shook his hand then looked at Sebastian as he spoke up.

"This is your locker... and–" he switched papers with the one that was in Isaacs hands. "Spencer, I can show you where your locker is if you want to come with me."

"Perfect, I'll see you later, Nat." The blonde smiled, quickly falling into step with teh boy showing her around. "So, it's Sebastian, right?"

He hummed, answering her question as he scanned the lockers they were walking past. "Yeah, Sebastian Greenwood." He smiled softly, turning his head towards her.

"How old are you?" Spencer asked quietly.

"I'm sixteen, but I'll be seventeen in December." He stopped at a new group of lockers and turned fully to look at the girl. "What about you?"

She glanced at the lockers, then back to him with a small smile. "I'll be sixteen in October." Pausing for a moment, happy to find she maybe made a friend already. "So which locker is mine?"

Chuckling quietly, Sebastian gestured to the locker that was hers. "So, if you need anything or want help around the school more or anything I can give you my number?" He offered quietly, a little nervously. For once in her life, Spencer caught on quickly.

"Yeah, yeah that'd be great." The blonde smiled, nodding along with him. "Full disclosure though, I'm kind of getting over some guys from Australia. Two guys if I'm being completely honest."

"Well, I don't only help with school stuff. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here." He smiled and leaned against the lockers. "I know you don't really know me, but sometimes we just need someone new to talk to."

"Thank you Sebastian." The girl smiled back, knowing she made another life long friend.

August 2013

"You know– I was in a relationship for two years and I was never actually taken out on a real date." Spencer rolled her eyes playfully, laughing quietly. She didn't blame Luke, it wasn't his fault he couldn't drive. "I mean, he took me on dates kinda but he couldn't really drive so it was hard."

"Well, I hope it's a good thing that I can drive and take you out, or else I have this whole dating thing wrong." Sebastian laughed, shaking his head and shoving his hands into his pockets. "I've been saving up for tonight."

"I'm having a lot of fun, Sebastian." The girl looked around them, turning her head back to him happily. "So, is Isaac here because you made him, or because he likes Nat?"

"Oh, he likes her, they hang out all the time." He leaned back in the chair and glanced at the screen. "And by hang out I mean they make out in his car all the time."

"Gross, I didn't need to know that." Spender laughed, her eyes squeezing shut as she playfully pushed the boy away. "Do they really though? Last time I talked to Nat about boys she still seemed so upset about her ex."

"According to Isaac– they spend a lot of time in his car together." He shrugged, still laughing. After a moment, it died down and he smiled at the pretty blonde next to him. "Did you want to go to the arcade? Last time I was here I saw this massive stuffed animal I want to win for you."

"For me?" She quickly looked at him, her cheeks going red as her eyes went wide. "You don't have to do that, Sebastian."

"I want to, that's why I brought you here." He stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the arcade in the same building. "You like caterpillars right?"

"I mean, they can be cute." She laughed, letting him pull her along until he stopped abruptly, almost making her run right into him.

"How do you like that caterpillar?" Sebastian pointed up at the stuffed insect that would be at least half the height of the girl. "Because I plan on winning it for you."

"That's huge." She smiled widely. "Oh my gosh it's so cute, Seb."

"Seb?" He furrowed his brows, but the smile never left his face. "That's new."

"Sorry, if you don't like it th–"

"No, no I do." He nodded quickly. "I like it a lot."

"Then I'll keep calling you that." Spencer whispered, smiling up at him.

She could see the nerves on his face, studying her before he finally spoke up in a quiet whisper, the smile still very present on his face. "Can I call you my girlfriend then?"

"I'll think about it." She answered with a joke before kissing his cheek. "But if you win me that caterpillar there's a very good chance it'll be yes."