Chapter 3

August 2017

By the time the girls were home and settled, and Devin had made his way over, it was almost one in the morning. He used his own copy of the key to push open the door, and wasn't much surprised to find his girlfriend half asleep on the couch, some random show playing on the TV.

"Hey babe, did you enjoy the concert?" He sat her up slowly, kissing her temple as he sat beside her. When she didn't answer, he chuckled and shook his head before getting up and walking to the kitchen after stretching his arms above his head. "You know, it's rude to stare." He mumbled, a small smirk on his face as he got the girl a glass of water.

"When you stretch like that your shirt rides up and-" she paused, cheeks going red. "It's nice to look at."

"So how was the concert?" The brunette asked once again, making his way back over to his girlfriend and handing her the glass of water.

She couldn't help but smile, taking a sip. "The concert was a lot of fun, you know I always have fun with Nat."

"Did you guys drink?" He raised his eyebrows at the girl, always assuming the worst when she hung out with her best friend.

"No." She rolled her eyes, slowly pulling herself to stand up. "We just danced and sang the whole time. Nothing more than that."

"Any guys try to make a move on you?" He followed behind her, taking in the outfit she was wearing. It was nothing special, just some black jean shorts, and an old band-tee that the girl had had forever. For well over five years, as if it belonged to someone before her. Like an ex-boyfriend.

The girl had honestly been surprised Natalia didn't comment on the familiarity of the shirt. The dark haired best friend had seen Spencer in it many times before, and almost always teased her for how she kept it after all those years.

She walked to the kitchen, setting the half drank water on the counter. "No Dev, it was a concert for what a lot of people call a boy band, it was mostly all girls around my age and youn-"

"Aren't they a boy band though?" The boyfriend chuckled, wrapping his arms around her waist and nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck.

"No, they're an actual band. Like Blink or Green Day." The girl laughed quietly, squirming and laughing from the wet kisses he was leaving on her neck. "They're a good band, I really like their music. My tattoo you always comment on and like to leave hickies around is lyrics from one of their songs."

"Oh I see I see." he pulled away, spinning her around and playfully pinning her against the kitchen counter. "So you'd leave me for one of these bandmates?"

"Of course not." She whispered, running her hands up through his hair, staring up at him. "But one of them might be my ex-boyfriend. I'm obviously not interested in them anymore, it just so happened that Nat dragged me to one of their concerts." Spencer decided it was best to leave out the fact that she might be seeing the boy she was talking about soon, possibly reconnecting for the first time in years.

"I guess I'll just have to remind you of one of the reasons you're with me." Devin chuckled, a smug smirk on his lips. "But before I take you to your bedroom and show you the best goddamn night of your life- I have to ask." He paused. "This isn't the guy you married right?"

"No, no no." Spencer laughed, shaking her head quickly. "No, that's Sebastian. I think I've mentioned Luke before? He was my first boyfriend."

"That sounds familiar, but I'd rather you be saying my name right now babe." He quickly grabbed her hand and began pulling her back to her room. "More like moaning, or screaming. Whatever kind of mood you're in tonight."