Chapter 17

September 2017

As Calum watched Luke storm out of the house without another word, he glanced down at Natalia and she simply nodded. No matter how badly she wanted to say no, she just nodded in agreement with what she assumed was the idea of Calum going with Spencer that day.

But in the end it worked out better for her, having the opportunity to sneak around while her best friend and ex boyfriend were out getting a new phone and grabbing lunch together. Meanwhile, Luke was distancing himself from everyone, enjoying company with a girl as a distraction from all the shitty thoughts he had running through his head.

No matter how much Natalia pleaded with the office, they said it wouldn't be until the following morning that they could get new locks on the girls doors. So it was back to Calum's for the night. The dark haired boy practically begged the girls to stay longer, just a couple more days, but they insisted they'd be fine.

It had been several days, almost a week since the group of six had gotten together as a whole. Michael was busy with his girlfriend, Luke was busy with his distractions, and the other four- well they all had their own things they needed to take care of.

Natalia walked through the apartment door, holding a few bags of groceries with one hand, her other holding her phone to her ear. "Yeah, yeah I'll let her know. Thanks." She smiled, nodding to herself as she set the bags on the counter. "Perfect, I'll see you tonight."

As the girl set her phone on the counter, Spencer smiled and started helping put the groceries away. "Who was that?"

"Cal, he's inviting us to dinner over at Ashton's tonight." Natalia explained with a soft smile, putting the eggs and milk in the fridge. "He said he called you but didn't answer?"

Laughing lightly as she shook her head, Spencer pointed back towards her room with a small shrug. "I was in the shower when he called, and now here we are." Pausing for a moment, Spencer furrowed her brows. "Wait, Cal is inviting us over to Ashton's?"

"Yeah, the two of them wanted to get everyone together again for dinner." The dark haired friend explained.

Spencer nodded along, putting away the last few items from the bags and leaning on the counter. "Everyone..."

Rolling her eyes, Natalia shook her head and grabbed herself a bottle of water from the fridge. "Yes, Luke will be there and yes, he's bringing a date." She paused, turning to face her best friend. "I can't believe he's still avoiding you, it's been days now."

"I hurt him Nat, he can work through that however he wants and take however long he needs." Spencer sighed quietly, shrugging her shoulders. "It'd be like you and Cal breaking up then him and I sleeping together after only a couple weeks. You'd be hurt and upset with both of us, no matter how long ago it might've happened."

"I know, I know. But we literally just got them back, I don't want to lose them again." Natalia frowned, looking at her best friend. "I just want to hang out as a group."

As much as Spencer wanted to give Luke the space he so clearly wanted, she also wanted to hang out with everyone, so she figured he could suck it up for one dinner. "Don't worry, I'll still go." She simply still thought that he was mad at her, but he was really just mad at himself. He actually blamed himself for everything.

The way their relationship ended. Their small falling out before they left for London. The reason none of them hadn't talked in almost four years.

He desperately needed to talk to the guys. He wanted to come clean.

Meanwhile the blonde girl was busy, looking around her apartment from the spot she was standing. Zoning out, getting lost in her thoughts, both the good and the bad memories that happened in that very room taking over.