Chapter 10

February 2011 -past-

The small group that attended the same school, sat in Luke's basement after the three boys finished rehearsing and messing around a bit. They always had fun, and Spencer always enjoyed watching, but they all knew something was missing. That there was someway to make it more fun and make them sound better.

"We need a drummer guys, m'not gonna say it again." Calum sighed, falling back onto the couch and laying his head back dramatically. Luke and Michael both nodded in agreement, but didn't look up from their phones until Spencer spoke up a few moments later.

With slightly furrowed brows, leaning slightly into Luke, Spencer shook her head. "You guys don't need one, but I think it would help a lot." She glanced around at the three boys to gauge their reactions. Calum was just happy she agreed in a way, Michael sighed and nodded, understanding what she was saying, and Luke just smiled and kissed her cheek in appreciation.

Michael took his chance to speak up and voice his thoughts on the idea. "How are we supposed to get a drummer though? It's not like we know anyone at school that-"

"Wait, I think Nat goes to school with a drummer." Spencer suddenly interrupted him, pulling her own phone out to try to check. "She shared one of his videos on Facebook, I think I've met him in passing once or twice, they're really good friends."

"Was he any good?" Michael chuckled, looking over at the blonde as she rolled her eyes and found the video.

The blonde nodded, mostly to Michael before she clicked the video and leaned back to let the guys watch. Luke took the phone into his own hands, Calum leaned over her lap to get a better view, and Michael was quick to move behind the couch to watch as well. "His name is Ashton, I don't know much about drumming but it seems like he's really good?"

Once the video had ended, Michael made his way back to his chair and leaned back, nodding with a small smile. The three of them were all pleasantly surprised. "What was his name? I want to see if I can look him up?" Michael took the lead on trying to find more out about him once Spencer gave the boy his full name. "M'gonna message him."

"Mike, it's like two in the morning. Leave the poor boy alone." She laughed, looking over at Luke in hopes that he'd back her up on it.

"Yeah, Mike it's-" He started, but the boy with colored hair was quick to interrupt him with a big grin.

Locking his phone and tossing it on the coffee table, the boy shook his head. "Too late. Do you guys want to play another song?"

"My mom isn't home, so why not?" Luke shrugged, looking over at Spencer before pressing a quick kiss to her lips. At first she smiled into the kiss, but quickly pulled away when she realized both Calum and Michael were still there.

Feeling her cheeks quickly heat, she looked down before smiling and looking at all three of them. "When you guys are big and famous one day I'm gonna be your biggest fan." She grinned, watching Luke stand up until she had to tilt her head back to look at him. "It'll be like I'm your guy's first groupie cause I'll go to every show."

"Promise?" Luke grinned, staring down at the girl. "Can't wait for the world to know you're mine."

Calum rolled his eyes as he stood up himself and pushed past Luke. "You guys are so annoying... Can we just play some music?"

"You're just grumpy because Natalia hasn't texted you since you went on that date the other day." The boy with the lip piercing shot back, glancing at his friend.

Spencer's brows furrowed, shaking her head and looking at Calum. "She hasn't?" The girl's first friend answered with a shake of his head before she spoke up again. "She's probably just scared to text you first, Cal. Why don't you text her first?"