The Wrong Bush

Sayra

"Who do you think you are, wench?" A full grown man straightens up from the bush and steps into the lamplight.
I step back.
"Valder!?" Gapelle exclaims and steps back.
"Wait, why do you have Chisaia's work papers?" Valder turns to me.
Well, this has turned out better than expected.
"What are you doing here?" Gapelle demands her face bright red.
"I... I needed to discuss some things with Lady Aryas!" He stutters. He is tall with dark hair and an imposing aura.
"Behind a bush?" Gapelle crosses her arms.
"What are you doing gossiping about me to a stranger claiming I'd kill my own little sister!?" He retorts.
"Well, if you wouldn't, our mother would. We can't pretend Lorora can just come home one day and we can go back to how things were! It's best that she bears a child for that dumb king and cuts ties with us!" Says Gapelle.
"Perhaps, but stop making everything so serious and threatening murder on anyone who mildy annoys or inconveniences you!" Snaps Valder.
"Achoo!" The bush on the other side rustles. Valder walks up to it and pulls Chisaia up.
"Chisaia.... how long have you been here?" Asks Gapelle.
"Yes, and why does Lady Aryas have your work papers, Chisaia?" Hums Valder.
"Um...well...I..." she stutters.
I slip behind a tree and disappear into the night. Let them expose each other by themselves. I'd rather not get threatened into silence by three royals once they finally get their mess sorted out.
"Where did the lady go?" Says Gapelle.
"She left my papers..." whines Chisaia.
"Why do you always go to Rory anyways?"
"Why do you insist on keeping her so far away?"
The scolding continues in the distance. I chuckle. Serves them all right.