chapter twenty-eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

The office door opened, and I gave it a bored glance. My eyes widened, my back straightening as my hands turned into a fist.

"Your Majesty," I lowered myself on one knee, bowing down at my father. Zeke and Zander did the same. He didn't acknowledge us as he walked further into the room, and Zeke unconsciously palmed the side of his stomach.

He took a seat right where I was previously sitting, looking around with a stern look. General Droga marched back into the office, followed by five men. They were all wearing similar attire, all torn and muddy, probably from spending some time in the dungeon's cell.

We didn't really make any effort to keep the place clean, so it was easy to know who had spent quality time there. Their hands were tied in front of them with ropes as they were hurried in before the guards placed them side by side in front of us. You could also easily tell by their state that the guards had fun with them as slashes and wounds covered their nasty skin.

I threw the King a look. He looked annoyed and irritated. I didn't have to say anything because Zeke threw his drink at them, making them flinch in shock. The glass collapsed on the carpet before breaking into pieces in front of them.

"Kneel, and look at us," he ordered them, and they instantly fell on their knees. I frowned at his words, knowing him well enough to see that he was doing this to be on the King's good side again. I could hear their subtle and silent hisses as their flesh opened under all the glass debris.

Each one of them was looking up at us, except one of them. He was smaller than the rest of them. Maybe that's why he had totally missed my eye. He wasn't shaking like the others. He didn't look as scared as the others. He looked calm. Interesting.

"Get up now," Zander growled, and they did. Small drops of blood stained their knees as they pulled themselves up. I heard the King chuckle behind me.

"I don't know if we've been introduced. Do you know who we are?" Zeke questioned them, still acting all mighty. They all bobbed their head up and down quickly. Zeke only hummed in approval.

"Well then, you know what we want to know," I added as I stared at the defiant little man. I was almost entertained to see him glaring back at me. A chuckle slipped through my lips. My brothers noticed him; Zander's eyes narrowed on him, not liking the defiance, while Zeke looked very entertained.

Zander stepped toward him. The smaller man seemed suddenly even smaller next to Zander's stature. The man's gaze hadn't wavered from mine, but he seemed a lot less confident when Zander pulled out his sharp dagger from his boot.

He shuddered in fright when the blade pressed against his collarbone. Zander glanced back, meeting the King's gaze. The King nodded, his eyes narrowing on the man about to die.

Zander slowly glided the blade along his arm, the sharpness of the object ripping the sleeves as it dug into his flesh. Tears pricked his eyes, but his gaze stayed locked on mine.

"Fucking prick," the King spat next to me.

"I thought you boys would give me a good show, but this is pathetic," he sneered my way, and I dropped my head in respect.

"Of course, your Majesty,"

Upon hearing his words, Zander carved the knife deeper into his arm, and the man winced as blood started dripping from his hand. Zander continued, but I could see he was getting irritated by the lack of reaction from his victim. The King scoffed, enjoying seeing his victim's pain as he slowly took their life away. So, torturing someone who looked so unbothered was driving him fucking insane.

Zander eventually got to the end of his limb as he reached the tip of his fingers, having cut open his whole arm. Dark blood was profusely leaking down his arm, dripping down his fingers unto the carpet. He walked back to Zeke, standing by his side as he waited for the King.